Live From the Dream 4/17/10!

The Klev

Klev, all,

I have received Caper's from a prior cruiser, I believe they were on Mid May. I'll try to upload them to my web host tonight, and will share, and acknowledge the CC Member that emailed them to me!

The user's name is w8ing2cruz and they were on the April 17 sailing. Again, once I get them uploaded, I'll link them here.

Wow, I just put 2 and 2 together. You both were on the same cruise. :)

Klev, all,

I have received Caper's from a prior cruiser, I believe they were on Mid May. I'll try to upload them to my web host tonight, and will share, and acknowledge the CC Member that emailed them to me!

The user's name is w8ing2cruz and they were on the April 17 sailing. Again, once I get them uploaded, I'll link them here.

Wow, I just put 2 and 2 together. You both were on the same cruise. :)

Ok, I had some time now, so I uploaded them, and made up a quick HTML page to link them...

Let's see how CC likes this... http://the-fays.net/cruise

• 2 months later...

The Klev

Hi There....We are debating booking RCL or Carnival Dream for Jan 2011. If Dream we have Room 12202 on hold until tomorrow. Its me, my DW and two kids (13 and 9). Just seeing if you thought the boat was crowded.

We are from Mass as well and I work in Needham.

Would love to hear from you.

Thanks!!

Louie

Oh you will love the Dream. It is so spectacular. It was crowded when we went because we made the mistake of booking over Easter. I heard there were 1700 kids. The only real problems it caused was not being able to get a chair at the pool but by reading other reviews (not just Carnival) it's pretty much a universal problem.

Enjoy.

I was on the Dream at the end of April. I didn't feel it was crowded. In fact, we had a balcony overlooking the side of the ship and the hot tubs that are cantalevered over the side were often empty. We didn't try one until the last day and felt that was a big mistake; we should have taken advantage of them sooner. It was lovely. Certainly the pool area was crowded, but not so much that you couldn't find a seat somewhere. The table area for dining around the pool usually had some available.

There were plenty of people, but also plenty of space. The pasta bar was another place we didn't discover until the end. Don't miss it.

I am from Charlemont on the Mohawk Trail.

Enjoy your cruise!

The Klev

Hi There....We are debating booking RCL or Carnival Dream for Jan 2011. If Dream we have Room 12202 on hold until tomorrow. Its me, my DW and two kids (13 and 9). Just seeing if you thought the boat was crowded.

We are from Mass as well and I work in Needham.

Would love to hear from you.

Thanks!!

Louie

Hi Louie:

Sorry for the late reply. We actually are from Newton!

We loved 12202 - as a matter of fact,. we thought it was the best room on the boat. 30 feet from Waterworks, 20 feet from the spa and its amenities, including awesome bathrooms to get ready for dinner, etc...

You will love 12202.

Best,

Alan

Loving your review - we will be on the dream January 8th -- did you take all these pictures with your Olympus??

Every picture was taken with the Olympus. Every day I dumped the pix onto my omputer just to ensure I didn't lose any photos. Also took about 90 minutes of video with it during the cruise, about 60 minutes of underwater shots.

I think if you YouTube search "Carnival Dream Waterslide," (I think I even posted them here), you can see some vids of me going down the Drainpipe and Twister with the Olympus.

I love the camera.

Have a magical time on the Dream. Can't wait to get back on her.

Hi Louie:

Sorry for the late reply. We actually are from Newton!

We loved 12202 - as a matter of fact,. we thought it was the best room on the boat. 30 feet from Waterworks, 20 feet from the spa and its amenities, including awesome bathrooms to get ready for dinner, etc...

You will love 12202.

Best,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Glad to hear you loved 12202. Always good to hear after you book something. The kids were so excited when I told them we were going. Everything is booked (Hotels, Air, Etc.). Flying a day early of out Providence.

What was your favorite excursion? Thinking of zip lining and snorkling so far.

Hi Alan,

Glad to hear you loved 12202. Always good to hear after you book something. The kids were so excited when I told them we were going. Everything is booked (Hotels, Air, Etc.). Flying a day early of out Providence.

Lou -

We loved snorkeling. Belize was awesome!

Although we ziplined in Roatan, that wasn't our main reason for going. We brought supplies and sporting goods there and donated them to a school. We wanted our kids to know that life isn't all fun and games. After a few hours visiting the school, we had Victor Bodden take us ziplining. If you're just going for the relaxation, Tabayana and West End Beach is the place to go.

Enjoy!

Alan

Hi Alan,

Hello Louie. My parents and I were on the same cruise with Alan, and we hung out plenty during the week. We also loved the Dream. It's been my favorite cruise and favorite ship so far. Roatan was our favorite port. We didn't get a chance to snorkel in Belize, but I can't imagine anywhere being a better place for snorkeling than Roatan. Off of West End Beach is the best from-the-beach snorkeling I've ever experienced. We also went out on a glass bottom boat to the reef, and that was the best snorkeling I've ever seen! We also had a Viktor Bodden tour. If you go through them, you can do basically whatever you want. Their prices are cheap, especially compared to a Carnival excursion. It's just your party and the driver, and they take you where you want to go, and you leave when you want to. The driver will wait for you. The glass bottom boat was an extra $15pp (and it was just us 3 that they took out), and the ziplining would be extra. But it's the best value for your money, and the island is spectacular! Mountains, beaches, coral, fish: it's got it all!

In Cozumel, we snorkeled at Chankanaab Park. The snorkeling there was very good, and you don't have to swim out far to get to it. It's all right there where you get in the water. We also did the dolphin swim while we were there, as did Alan and his family.

Hi Alan!

Things have been getting pretty much back to normal around here, now that all my running around during the summer is done. I posted some pics on facebook from a big trip I took to NM, AZ, & CO, if you want to check those out. Now, my mom & I are getting ready for the Triumph cruise in less than 7 weeks, then the Miracle 5 months later. And of course, for me, the return to the Dream in November 2011. I am jealous of you, with your Epic cruise next year. I'd love to cruise that ship sometime, but not on the expensive weeks like when you're going.

So, how have you and your family been doing?

Hi Alan!

Things have been getting pretty much back to normal around here, now that all my running around during the summer is done. I posted some pics on facebook from a big trip I took to NM, AZ, & CO, if you want to check those out. Now, my mom & I are getting ready for the Triumph cruise in less than 7 weeks, then the Miracle 5 months later. And of course, for me, the return to the Dream in November 2011. I am jealous of you, with your Epic cruise next year. I'd love to cruise that ship sometime, but not on the expensive weeks like when you're going.

So, how have you and your family been doing?

Hey Colin:

Let me answer your questions without crapping on my own thread.

Belize and Roatan were unforgettable and I highly recommend those tours. Cozumel was next and Costa Maya wasn't extraordinary. I highly recommend Chank in Coz and VB in Roatan.

Okay, that's out of the way.

Rachel started HS a few weeks ago. Jason fell while hiking last month and got 14 stitches in his face. Marcus and Andrew are as crazy as ever.

Saw your pix on FB - I love New Mexico and would move there in a heartbeat if I could swing it. Went hiking in Bandolier and Taos and the Jemez Mountains and thought I was as close to heaven as you can get.

I, as well, am jealous of the cruises you are taking and can't wait for the time when I don't have to book my cruises to coincide with school vacation. We considered a late-August cruise this year but it didn't work out but we're on the prowl for an affordable late-August cruise next year.

Until we cruise again, give my love to your parents and we'll keep in touch.

Now, back to the thread and it looks like you've got a lot of people here who can answer your Dream questions.

Best,

Alan K

Archived