When was the Shadow last in drydock?

pamfj

Reading a recent post regarding the upcoming drydock for the Whisper made me curious about when the Spirit had its last face lift. Does anyone know? Is the Shadow due for drydock this spring too?

I am guessing but from looking at the schedule it is probably March 2011 as there is an appropriate gap in the cruise schedule.

I was also guided by a previous post that said that the ship was drydocked in February 2008. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=621955

The drydock schedule is normally twice within five years, so March 2011 fits.

That said, drydocking a vessel is required under Classification Society rules for inspection and unless any faults are found, the Owners are not under obligation to perform any work. Normally however the underwater portion of the ship will be swept and painted.

Dry (and wet) dockings normally have a long list of things "to do" but this does not necessarily mean any automatic cosmetic changes or updating to the passenger areas. Given the general state of the economy I would expect that Silversea is going to do minimal cosmetic improvements and will concentrate on mechanical issues that cannot be dealt with when passengers are aboard.

I was on the Shadow in November and did not notice anything cosmetic that really needed improvement anyway.

I am guessing but from looking at the schedule it is probably March 2011 as there is an appropriate gap in the cruise schedule.

I was also guided by a previous post that said that the ship was drydocked in February 2008. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=621955

The drydock schedule is normally twice within five years, so March 2011 fits.

That said, drydocking a vessel is required under Classification Society rules for inspection and unless any faults are found, the Owners are not under obligation to perform any work. Normally however the underwater portion of the ship will be swept and painted.

Dry (and wet) dockings normally have a long list of things "to do" but this does not necessarily mean any automatic cosmetic changes or updating to the passenger areas. Given the general state of the economy I would expect that Silversea is going to do minimal cosmetic improvements and will concentrate on mechanical issues that cannot be dealt with when passengers are aboard.

I was on the Shadow in November and did not notice anything cosmetic that really needed improvement anyway.

We were on in Sept 2009 and agree with conchyjoe about it looking good then. We will be back on in Asia in October 2010 and can report back how it looks then, a year later ...

Archived