? about the Brilliance and Crown and anchor points

Approx what time can we board the ship?

With Celebrity, if you arrived a tad early, when it was your turn you could board. That is what we have been used to. Did carnival once. We waited forever to board ! Was not first come first serve. How does Royal work? Would help to know if we should try boarding about 11am. I would appreciate any info :)

Also has anyone tried to transfer their Celebrity points to Crown member points or vice versa? They advertise that they are transferable but they only transfer cruises themselves rather then the total points for longer cruises etc. That was disappointing :( . For us its the difference to another level :(

Nadine

Nadine,

With RCL, once they open the lines, it's first come, first served. There are lines for suites, and Diamond/Diamond + (possibly Platinum, I can't remember) Crown & Anchor members, and then everyone else. But the lines move pretty fast most of the time. 11:00 is fairly optimistic, but not impossible. We usually try to be there around 11:30 and have never had to wait long at all.

Points (or credits) do not transfer between lines. Only "levels" do. If you have reached Celebrity's Select or Elite level, you would get Royal's Platinum or Diamond level once you sign up for the C&A Society (and vice-versa). But having 4 credits on Celebrity and 4 on Royal won't get you anything on either one until you get at least one more.

Approx what time can we board the ship?

With Celebrity, if you arrived a tad early, when it was your turn you could board. That is what we have been used to. Did carnival once. We waited forever to board ! Was not first come first serve. How does Royal work? Would help to know if we should try boarding about 11am. I would appreciate any info :)

Also has anyone tried to transfer their Celebrity points to Crown member points or vice versa? They advertise that they are transferable but they only transfer cruises themselves rather then the total points for longer cruises etc. That was disappointing :( . For us its the difference to another level :(

Nadine

Nadine, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have never combined their points.

You can now get equivalent recognition, however, once you reach the second level.

If you are Platinum on RC, you are recognized as Select on Celebrity. Same thing in reverse, of course. And Diamond = Elite, too.

If you have a Captain's Club number, just call up C&A and they will issue you a C&A number.

We have often checked in as early as 11 A.M. and been on board by 11:30.

Nadine

I´ve never seen them advertising transfering points between the Crown & Anchor and Captain´s Club:confused:

Neither the cruise credits, not the cruises are transferable between the two programs.

What they do is simply recognizing the matching status if your are Platinum/Select or higher.

In my case I was Diamond at the time of my first Celebrity cruise. I sent an email to Captains Club, providing my C&A information and was enrolled at Elite Status in the Captains Club for my first cruise with them.

Of course my Cruise Credits with them started out with 0.

Now if you are coming from Celebrity and are Elite you will be Diamond on Royal for your first cruise, but you will be enrolled with 0 cruise credits. As a result of this, although being Diamond already, you will need the entire 24 cruise credits by sailing with RCI to get to Diamond + and not 14 like those who got to Diamond by sailing on RCI and already have 10 credits when getting Diamond.

Archived