Destiny cabins

When we were on the Destiny in January we had a key for our cabin plus a cruise card that all the drinks went on. This was also used when you left the ship and re-boarded!!

Must be the ash then !!

I was certain we had a card with holes punched in it for the Destiny - it must be the Celebration and Spirit that use those ! Dementia must be setting in or the Ash is having an effect.

Yes the blue card is used for on board purchases and for leaving and reboarding the ship etc

On Spirit some cabins had keys and some had cards, maybe the higher the deck the better chance of a card!

I prefer a key as I can attach it to a key fob with the safe key and pop the card in my breast pocket. One less thing to lose :)

A simple question

I have a outside midships cabin booked on Destiny, 3131 on A deck.

Is the door lock operated by card or key?

It is a key,we was in 3020,probably opposite side of ship to your cabin 5 windows from the front......

On Spirit some cabins had keys and some had cards, maybe the higher the deck the better chance of a card!

I prefer a key as I can attach it to a key fob with the safe key and pop the card in my breast pocket. One less thing to lose :)

All our cabins on the Spirit and Celebration have been on Deck 1 ( once ) or 4 ( all the other times ) and my wife now remembers that it is that ship that has always had the cards to unlck the cabin door.

We were on the Destiny with my parents on Deck 4 and that has definately a key - I now remember that they give you two keys for the cabin and one of those for the cabin my parents had on Deck 4 did not work and they took it to reception where itwas passed to someone who re filed it so it would unlock the cabin door.

I have only ever used Decks 3 and 4 on the Destiny but every cabin has been a key.

Sorry for the mix up earlier in the posts

Archived