valet program ?

ncb106

Yes, it is available. We used it when we departed the Freedom in Jan and it is a wonderful service! If it is available on your ship, use it!

Really? I checked the Rccl website and Orlando isn't listed. I think the valet service is well worth the price and you did have it available for Port Canaveral/Orlando?

Here is a list of ports where luggage valet is available:

Ft. Lauderdale

Los Angeles

Miami

Port Canaveral

San Juan

Seattle

Vancouver

Seward

San Diego

And yes, Jetblue does participate.

Silly me, I looked for Orlando! I'll have to let my son know it's available since he is going late May. He's flying Continental and I'm sure they do valet also. IMHO it's worth every penny!

Any guidelines on the typical cost of the service? Flat fee? Per bag? Seems like everyone would do it just to avoid having to wait in line at the airport to check bags and get boarding pass (although perhaps you can check-in online onboard at the Internet Cafe - assuming they have a printer available - though I have read that some airlines will send your Boarding Pass to your iPhone and scan the barcode off it's screen at the gate - paperless!).

To go from cab/shuttle directly to Security Checkpoint is quite a convenience (unless your flight isn't for hours and hours and have nothing better to do).

And I would guess, if RCI considers your flight too early for them, they could decline to offer you the service on that specific ship & port & airline.

Any guidelines on the typical cost of the service? Flat fee? Per bag? Seems like everyone would do it just to avoid having to wait in line at the airport to check bags and get boarding pass (although perhaps you can check-in online onboard at the Internet Cafe - assuming they have a printer available - though I have read that some airlines will send your Boarding Pass to your iPhone and scan the barcode off it's screen at the gate - paperless!).

To go from cab/shuttle directly to Security Checkpoint is quite a convenience (unless your flight isn't for hours and hours and have nothing better to do).

And I would guess, if RCI considers your flight too early for them, they could decline to offer you the service on that specific ship & port & airline.

It's $20.00 per person (Free if your in a GS or higher) with a maximum of 2 bags per person. The standard baggage fee for your particular airline is charged to your Seapass account. Your boarding passes will be printed by guest relations and delivered to your cabin. Your flight must depart between 11:30am and 11:59pm. The valet service in only good for Domestic US flights.

Thanks for the excellent info! My cabinmate is looking at an 11:05 jetBlue flight from LAX back to JFK so Valet would be out. Guess the fastest way to disembark the Mariner would be the "self-service" mode since we each will only have a backpack and 1 bag (and thus able to carry unassisted down (up?) stairs from Deck 10). Will have my car parked at the port. If ship's arrival delayed or immigration problems happen then "The Best Laid Plans of Mice & Men..." rule kicks in.

It's $20.00 per person (Free if your in a GS or higher) with a maximum of 2 bags per person. The standard baggage fee for your particular airline is charged to your Seapass account. Your boarding passes will be printed by guest relations and delivered to your cabin. Your flight must depart between 11:30am and 11:59pm. The valet service in only good for Domestic US flights.

I thought I had read that flights had to be after 12 or 1:00 or not before a certain time. You're saying that the departure time must be between 11:30 and 11:59?? So not after 12:00? Not so sure.....

Anyone else have info on the departure times?

Thanks.

TnT

Archived