muster bracelets

macfin

where do they usually put them on the kids...the 2 cruise we have been on our oldest had them on his anckle..he was 6 months and 3 yo's....do they still even do this???

when my son was bearly 5, we went on RCCL and they put it on his wrist. I was pretty annoyed with it too because the way it was attached it left a sharp edge on the little plastic thing. When DS was sleeping, it scratched his face. By day 3, I cut it off. He still has a scar from it and he is 7 1/2! Oh well, it serves as a reminder of all the fun we had. :)

I can't say for Carnival but on RCI it is once you hit 12 years old you do not need to have the bracelet any more. My son turned 12 3 days into our cruise. They made him put the bracelet on when boarding. When I said he would be 12 in 3 days they said you can take it off on his birthday. Of course, as soon as we left the table it was off!

It is a band, kind of like what you wear at a waterpark, that will say where kids are to be taken if emergency on ship, where the parents can go meet them. Insurance that if your kids wont remember where they are supposed to go, carnival employees will make sure they get there.

My PVP just called, coincidentally, and the kids do have to be 12 to get out of wearing the bracelet. Looks like I'm toast (since I told my almost 11 YO she'd get out of having to wear it this cruise, LOL). OH WELL! :D

If you're really confident that your daughter could remember her muster station you could cut it off the first night, it's unlikely that anybody would notice.

I don't think so. Age 11 is under 12, and the way you said it they'd still require a bracelet. What I am saying is that it was my understanding that once the kid TURNS 11, they're not required to wear it.

So what you mean is under age 11, rather than age 11 and under. I'm just having fun with semantics, I know what you mean.

I was on the Conquest in March and they were letting parents of small children (like 2 and under) put the muster bracelets on their ankles. We put my son's on Sunday (on his wrist) and completely forgot about it. He noticed it the Monday after we got back when he was getting ready for school.

We were on a Royal Caribbean cruise this past February, and my 7 and 10 year olds had to wear them on their writs. We were on Princess cruises in 2007 and 2008, and there were no muster bracelets. Not sure if Princess has changed since then or not.

lowestar

I think the bracelets are a good idea. I'd hate for my children to be in a situation where they are frightened and don't remember where to go. They are used to those type of bracelets from when they go to amusement parks and other events.

We were on a Royal Caribbean cruise this past February, and my 7 and 10 year olds had to wear them on their writs. We were on Princess cruises in 2007 and 2008, and there were no muster bracelets. Not sure if Princess has changed since then or not.

lowestar

It's been 7 years since I've been on Princess but from what I remember is that if the kids are in the kids center they go to their own muster station. They do not go to the parents. The children's center kids took care of them in the event of an abandon ship and the parents could not get to them.

Archived