Amsterdam Dolphin Deck Ocean view rooms??

gymbomominNC

Hi all! Looking at crusing to Alaska on HAL Amsterdam in June. Would prefer a balcony and can only afford ocean view. The only rooms available in this category are on the dolphin deck (FF1816, 1818, 1820). I'm a little concerned about it being so low and near the front of the ship-worried about movement and why these are the only rooms left and are grouped together. Can anyone give me any advice on these rooms... pls and thank you!

Hopefully someone who has first-hand experience will answer you but we are sailing in July on her and from what I've read, it sounds like the cabins up front will experience more motion and can also have anchor noise. Then there's the mystery of what's beneath you on the Dolphin Deck that could be noisy as well.

BTW, if you go the HAL roll calls, then Amsterdam, there is a specific thread for all Amsterdam Alaska sailings - you might want to post your question there, too (or do a search).

Hopefully someone who has first-hand experience will answer you but we are sailing in July on her and from what I've read, it sounds like the cabins up front will experience more motion and can also have anchor noise. Then there's the mystery of what's beneath you on the Dolphin Deck that could be noisy as well.

BTW, if you go the HAL roll calls, then Amsterdam, there is a specific thread for all Amsterdam Alaska sailings - you might want to post your question there, too (or do a search).

Thanks for replies PPs! I did post my ? in the Roll Call section and was told to post here......soooooo...maybe someone will have mercy on me :rolleyes: !

We just spent 33 days in 1812 on the Rotterdam. We had no problems with movement but when the sea is rough there are some banging noises as the bow hits the water. We ascribed it to icebergs. Although we were in the South Pacific so I guess that won't sail.

We had only portholes, the cabins you mention would be the first ones with a real window. The other thing you get with a rougher sea is the sight of the bow wake flying past your window. Actually it is rather neat.

You should do fine in one of those cabins.

Archived