Insurance for a cancellation

pensi9

Does anyone have info on trip insurance that will cover a militaryfmily i heir leave is cancelled at the last minte? My son and daughter hae time off and want to join us on the GEM on May 29 bu his leave can be cancelled without notic.He is based n Ital so we will wait aslong as possble to book them bu even then no guarantees.

Thanksin advance for any advice

You can get "cancel for any reason" travel insurance. I don't know if "regular" travel insurance covers cancellation of military orders or not. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

If there is a spellcheck here, I haven't found it.

Thanks for the info. I think our best bet will be to wait til a week out and see where things stand. Most policies I've checked require you cancel 48 hours or more before sail date. DS job stinks since he's not at a normal base and has a hard time getting time off. If they can't go the rest of us will still have a good time.

Try Travelguard (www.traveguard.com) I believe that the policy that I purchased has protection for military families. You can get the phone # from their website and call. They were very helpful finding a policy that suited my needs. Thank you son and daughter for their service. My DH and I are grateful for the many men and women in the military who keep us safe at home.

For future reference, I love the trip insurance store. They sell several different policies. If you book online you are actually sent direct to the company you are buying from. Price is the same as going direct to the insurance website. The travel insurance store has an extremely knowledgable and patient staff. I like the idea of having someone beside the insurance company itself explaining things to me. You can do an online chat with them and print out your conversation. You can also call them and purchase via phone. The website itself is loaded with information. there are many, many links. They have a search button at the bottom of the webpage. I was curious how the volcano in Iceland would affect travelers with insurance. I typed in "volcano" in the search box and got a lot of valuable information.

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com/

Archived