Thomson Spirit

We are travelling on the Adriatic Explorer cruise on 2nd July 2010 aboard the Thomson Sprit

Deluxe cabins are referred to in the brochure as having restricted views (due to lifeboats).

Can anyone tell me which deck, 7 or 8 would be the best to go for.

See the attached photo of Thomson Celebration which has a almost identical layout to Spirit.

there are deluxe cabins on deck 6 which is the promenade deck. Deck 7 cabins are those windows just below the lifeboats, deck 8 those above and deck 9 also has deluxe!

check out the photo and the deckplans and then book a specific cabin, i would go for deck 8 or even deck 9.

1157041107_spiritcabins.jpg.2c3b9e3ec6365eddae96c281f6bfe053.jpg

We are travelling on the Adriatic Explorer cruise on 2nd July 2010 aboard the Thomson Sprit

Deluxe cabins are referred to in the brochure as having restricted views (due to lifeboats).

Can anyone tell me which deck, 7 or 8 would be the best to go for.

Not much to choose between 7 and 8 - 7 you see under the lifeboaat and 8 you tend to see over them - the odd cabin has a better gap between the lifeboats but I cannot remember which ones in detail.

If Deck 9 is being quoted at the same price then I would pick that but not one of the cabins near the Horizons.

• 2 weeks later...
Last month we had cabin 12 deck 9 on Spirit, this is not to far from Horizons and never had a problem. The Horizons bar does not stay open late unlike High Spirits.

Great views.:)

On my photo site, have pictures of the cabin.

Hi there, did you have any noise from people dragging sunbeds above you? Just about to book and my friend thinks they'll be alot of noise from above. Is it noisy from the bar?

Never heard any noise from the Bar, I think the Bar closes about 12 pm, and it was normally later than that when we returned to our cabin. Couple of mornings a little bit of noise from above, of staff putting out the deck chairs, but then again we were normally up early ready for our trips.

I am an extremely light sleeper, so I tend to wear ear plugs, but my wife doesn't, and it never caused her a problem.

Archived