dream rescue ship

just read on thomsons home page that island escape bringing holiday makers back from maderia to falmoth and dream picking up stranded holiday makers in majorca and taking them to barcelona.

no time scales given, looks like all thomson flights cancelled uptil end wednesday now.

So first possible would be thursday for dream cruise from palma.

If things clear can she make barcelona and back for thursday, or might they fly us barcelona instead to start?

I know, hope hope hope

just read on thomsons home page that island escape bringing holiday makers back from maderia to falmoth and dream picking up stranded holiday makers in majorca and taking them to barcelona.

no time scales given, looks like all thomson flights cancelled uptil end wednesday now.

So first possible would be thursday for dream cruise from palma.

If things clear can she make barcelona and back for thursday, or might they fly us barcelona instead to start?

I know, hope hope hope

Hi Isabel,

It's not far from Palma to Barcelona. We did it overnight, but they went slowly and we were already docked in the morning when we woke up.

Big Joke, we finally got our tickets this morning.

And like you not hopeful of travelling.

We have to travel to airport the night before, how re you going to manage if you can't fly down on Weds?

Good Luck

Berwyn

i dont know what to do, i got an email from b a yesterday asking me to check in online for my flight from edin to gatwick on wed . they are still flying at this point. if , as seems likely cant fly to gatwick on wed, do i try to get there by other method. i could train, but or even drive i suppose though dont fancy that.

Then , ok im in london on thursday morning. and we dont fly????

i wish they would just say whats happening. one way or another.

I havnt packed, although its ready and wont take long.

there is a big meeting of eu transport ministers some time this afternoon to decide what to do. If they decide to relax restrictions we could be on again, at least from thursday. so its a waiting game

Maybe the weather will be better on a later cruise if i rebook

i dont know what to do, i got an email from b a yesterday asking me to check in online for my flight from edin to gatwick on wed . they are still flying at this point. if , as seems likely cant fly to gatwick on wed, do i try to get there by other method. i could train, but or even drive i suppose though dont fancy that.

Then , ok im in london on thursday morning. and we dont fly????

i wish they would just say whats happening. one way or another.

I havnt packed, although its ready and wont take long.

there is a big meeting of eu transport ministers some time this afternoon to decide what to do. If they decide to relax restrictions we could be on again, at least from thursday. so its a waiting game

Maybe the weather will be better on a later cruise if i rebook

i'm the same as you - just want to know one way or the other now. Mum and i are planning to head down to Cornwall for a few days instead but i REALLY would rather cruise! Of course i can't book anything else yet either just in case the flight restrictions do lift.

We've stopped all planning now, no money changed up and no packing done. i'd gladly stay up packing all night on Wednesday if need be!!

Hi Isabel,

but they said just because airpots are open not neccesarily means there will be flights, depending on where they are flying to.

If this muck is still over Europe can they fly through it.

It might be flights across Atlantic if that way is clear.

BTW it's 122 miles approx from Palma to Bacelona. That should be about a 7 hour cruise one way + time to get people on and off.

Berwyn

well spain was always clear, so even though france is closed we could skip down west coast of uk and spain and over to majorca.

you can tell i am hopeful

That's all we can have at this stage. Your plan though means Thomson's would have to fly you straight from Scotland to Palma. Handy for you.

Berwyn

That's all we can have at this stage. Your plan though means Thomson's would have to fly you straight from Scotland to Palma. Handy for you.

Berwyn

Not so handy for me!!! i live 20 mins from Gatwick.

Feeling a little more hopeful but then feel that i need to squash that down at the moment and continue to feel gloomy for another day or so just in case!

Not so handy for me!!! i live 20 mins from Gatwick.

Feeling a little more hopeful but then feel that i need to squash that down at the moment and continue to feel gloomy for another day or so just in case!

Hi Laura, not much better for me from Manchester if things don't improve for next week and the planes are still repatriating people.

Also the planes need to fly south east through the ash cloud to get to Palma even if Scotland is clear.

Berwyn

It looks like she's just getting ready to pull out of Funchal harbour.

I'm suprised you can see anything on the Madeira webcam. It's p******g with rain. The cameras are soaking wet :(

I often look at the Madeira webcam. I love Madeira, we went there for our silver-wedding. What anoraks we are :D

Linda

God I really for you all , esp. the ones who have to travel to get the ongoing flight , have everything crossed for you :)

Glad that you got your tickets Berwyn although wether you can use them is another matter ,, sorry

We booked a week to Ibiza for the 8th may to get a top up of sun ,,lol maybe just have to stay at home :(

mrs.c

Glad that you got your tickets Berwyn although wether you can use them is another matter ,, sorry

We booked a week to Ibiza for the 8th may to get a top up of sun ,,lol maybe just have to stay at home :(

mrs.c

HI Mrs.c.,

Yes I'm not sure whether to chuck them in the recycling bin or try and sell them on Ebay :D

At least we're not like some. We've just had a cruise last Dec. and we've been to 3 of the ports before. We can always do Rome as a city break at some time in the future.

You might be lucky to get out by May 8th. BUT there's a new ash cloud from the volcano on the way here as I type.

We're mentally tuned to not going and having a UK break instead. If we do go it will be a bonus.

Berwyn

HI Mrs.c.,

We're mentally tuned to not going and having a UK break instead. If we do go it will be a bonus.

Berwyn

That certainly is the way to look at it :) so hopfully it will be big bonus time for you both

mrs.c

Archived