More Newbie Questions

I am really starting to get excited about my July sailing on the Fascination! I am totally obsessed with reading everything that I can on the boards. However the more I read, the more I feel like I “don’t know anything” if you know what I mean.

I understand that once I make final payment, I will have access to my documents including luggage tags. So, do I just print them off and affix them onto the luggage via tape once I am at the Jacksonville port? For some reason, I can’t wrap my mind around how zip ties would work.

For anyone who has cruised out of Jacksonville recently, how early did you arrive at the port and when did they allow boarding? My hotel’s shuttle service to the port starts at 11:00 am.

I would love to get a cabana for Half Moon Cay, but in case they are sold out before I can book one how early would I need to stand in line for a tender number? I don’t plan on booking any excursions so I know there would be many in front of us.

If we select self-disembarkation, we should just keep our bags inside of the room instead of putting them out overnight? How do we know what group we will be in?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

I am really starting to get excited about my July sailing on the Fascination! I am totally obsessed with reading everything that I can on the boards. However the more I read, the more I feel like I “don’t know anything” if you know what I mean.

I understand that once I make final payment, I will have access to my documents including luggage tags. So, do I just print them off and affix them onto the luggage via tape once I am at the Jacksonville port? For some reason, I can’t wrap my mind around how zip ties would work.

We just print them out, fold them and staple the ends together. Have not had a problem at JaxPort.

For anyone who has cruised out of Jacksonville recently, how early did you arrive at the port and when did they allow boarding? My hotel’s shuttle service to the port starts at 11:00 am. Take the first shuttle. You should be on board before noon, although if there is a wedding party they will board first. That's usually the only delay. Rooms will not be open until 1:30 so whatever you carry on will stay with you when you go up to Lido for the buffet and any drinks. Keep in mind that while in port there is a sales tax charge in addition to the 15% gratutuity.

I would love to get a cabana for Half Moon Cay, but in case they are sold out before I can book one how early would I need to stand in line for a tender number? I don’t plan on booking any excursions so I know there would be many in front of us.

If we select self-disembarkation, we should just keep our bags inside of the room instead of putting them out overnight? How do we know what group we will be in? For self-debark, keep your bags inside. Make sure you can carry everything. Platinum self-debark will go first and can be as early as 7:30. Once they are all done, they will call regular self-debark by floor.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

JaxPort is a very easy terminal to get in and out of. Happy cruising!

i am really starting to get excited about my july sailing on the fascination! I am totally obsessed with reading everything that i can on the boards. However the more i read, the more i feel like i “don’t know anything” if you know what i mean.

i understand that once i make final payment, i will have access to my documents including luggage tags. So, do i just print them off and affix them onto the luggage via tape once i am at the jacksonville port? For some reason, i can’t wrap my mind around how zip ties would work. i have always printed them off and used staples to affix to bags before flying have never had one come off. But in case you do take a few xtra with you and some tape.

for anyone who has cruised out of jacksonville recently, how early did you arrive at the port and when did they allow boarding? My hotel’s shuttle service to the port starts at 11:00 am. go then.

i would love to get a cabana for half moon cay, but in case they are sold out before i can book one how early would i need to stand in line for a tender number? I don’t plan on booking any excursions so i know there would be many in front of us. once you board the ship find the shore ex desk you should be able to get a cabana esp if your in one of the 1st boarding groups which is why you leave the hotel on the 1st shuttle......if you don't get one find out what time they start tendering and get down there!

if we select self-disembarkation, we should just keep our bags inside of the room instead of putting them out overnight? How do we know what group we will be in? yes keep them in your room, you'll get printed instructions the night before they usually go by decks.

thanks in advance for the assistance!

your welcome!

Archived