I've been straying with HAL - Help me decide to come back to Princess

sprinkles

Thanks all, I've made up my mind, it's the Sea Princess for us for sure (we did LOVe that ship before).

Here's another question, does Princess still put a TV guide in your cabin?

That was another little anoying quirk, the Oosterdam only showed about 4 hours worth of what was coming on TV (no guide in the cabin), made it hard to plan to come back for movies in the cabin at night. At the beginning of the cruise, I went to the Purser to see if I could get a printout or basically a TV guide and was told - no they couldn't do that. Funny thing was on the last day at sea, they didn't even have the tv chanel quide up-dated, so I went down to find out in person (they wouldn't answer the phone). Guess what, lol, she printed me out a piece of paper that had the whole past weeks's schedule on it - THAT was what I had wanted at the beginning of the week. I know, I know, very minor, but we wanted to be cabin rats.

Ohh, I'm dreaming of Princess fettucine and pizza as I sit here, but again, don't get me wrong, I did buy another future cruise deposit thing with HAL, just starting to dream about Princess again. Thanks.

Tammy

we've only had 2 criticisms of HAL

1)very quiet ship.....we're not night owls, but were surprised that no one else was.

2)i've never been able to see the plate through my slice of meat on Princess. An

elderly gentleman at our table once asked for 3 entrees so he could put them together

to make one. maybe that's improved in the last couple of years.

Otherwise, I find them similar......

I think I saw that guy. He's the person who caused a hot tub to overflow when he got in. :rolleyes:

We have become Princess junkies over the past few years and have decided we need a bit of a change so are going to peek under the HAL tent this fall and see what it is all about.:)

Hi Putterdude.:) I'm hearing from a friend (who strayed from Princess) that the Noordam is wonderful. The Noordam is high on my list for our next HAL cruise!

I loved the Noordam and wish it was over here instead of the Oosterdam. HAL beds are fabulous as everyone says. Our last cruise was on the Veendam in the PH suite. While the staff treated us like royalty whenever they heard our cabin number, I have to say I hated the ship's size. It was too small for us. We realized that we prefer larger ships (and yes one day I may check out the Oasis of the Seas).

Can't wait until our Sapphire cruise.

Archived