allegro??

cruise182

Here's the most recent thread I found with a bunch of information about Allegro, but nothing in the last few weeks. I've stayed at Allegro Resorts in several different vacation spots, but didn't visit the one in Aruba. We found them to be quite fun and the bartenders know how to make a great "foo foo drink!"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=65715

Not to the one in Aruba but we did the one in Antigua back in November. We did it as a "day pass" in Nov. '03 and loved it so much we did it again as a "day pass" in Nov. '04 and will probably do it again Nov. '05. Hope you get some reviews from the one in Aruba. We might check it out sometime too.

Hi

My husband and I went to the Allegro for the day when we were in Aruba in January. We had a very nice day. The day pass is valid from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and during that time you have access to unlimited breakfast, lunch, drinks, towels for the beach & pool, and activities like waterbolleyball. I believe the cost was $45 us per adult and $25 us per child under

15 years. You can buy the day pass as soon as you arrive there. You need to request it and pay for it at the Front Desk and after that they will send you to another desk with your receipt and they'll give you your wristbands. We drank pina colada's and strawberry daquari's all day and enjoyed swimming in the pool.

Thanks for responding Naylenk,

Did beach chairs and umbrellas also come with it? This is the beach i was going to stay at all day so I'm thinking I might get my money's worth.

Glen

Glen

This is an email I got from Allegro, if you have other questions you can use the email addy below. I was there last summer.

Day pass is $45.00 per person from 8am to 6pm includes breakfast,lunch,

drinks & towel. Pool and beach facilities also included. As soon you arrived at the hotel you can

stop by at the Front desk and you can purchase you day pass.

Hope to see you soon in Aruba.

Regards,

Cheryl Wernet

Guest Services

GSAruba@aruba.allegroresorts.com

Are there watersport rentals available? What are they and how much?

Can you snorkel from the beach at this location?

Yes, there are watersports. I parasailed for $50, saw jet ski's and banana boats. Since Allegro is next to other resorts you have lots of watersport choices. Since I dont snorkle, not sure about that.

Hi All,

I am just home from Aruba/Carnival Destiny. Jan 28-Feb 4.

We stayed at the Allegro the night before our cruise.(Yes, we boarded in Aruba) Palm Beach is beautiful. Red Sail Sports docks in front of the Allegro with the catamarans, jet skis, parasailing, banana boats, waterskiing, tubing..you name it! There is a nice beach bar out on the pier and I think anyone can get refreshments there.

I talked with management and time share owners while at the Allegro - hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Allegro will be closing the end of April (the 28th) for a complete renovation and the addition of more restaurants etc..At this time, they are guessing they will be closed for about 8 months. I am sure the day passes won't be available through the Allegro during this time. :(

The Hyatt is next door to the Allegro but I don't know if they offer day passes. We spent our last day there before heading home..it is beautiful too and shares the same beach. We just wandered around the lush grounds, had lunch, sat out on the beach etc.. no day pass.

There was an unfortunate accident at the Wyndham while we were there so I don't know if they are offering day passes now either. I will try to find out more info.

Aruba is definitely paradise on earth...hope you all have as much fun as we did!

They were only set up for singles. I was up for about 8-10 mins. It was well worth the $50. Someone from Allegro walked me over to the people handling the parasailing on the beach. There were 4 other people on the boat. They made me go first to test the ropes :)

Dont do like I did, went up with a camera only to find out it only have 2 pictures left on it. :mad: I used a Kodak underwater disposable, it had a rubber band on it , so I wrapped it around my wrist.

Archived