Vomit from the balconies?

Not sure which would be worse, vomit or the dead guys ashes that were all over our balcony our last day at sea. The steward had to suck him(her) up in a shop vac.

Oh lordy no :eek: That is just horrible ... for all involved.

The fish like it....why not.

Ok, so this may be a really bizaar question, but im sure seasickness is certainly common on a cruise ship. We are scheduled for a balcony room, has anyone ever experienced vomit hurtling down from an upper deck splattering on the balconies below. Sorry for the grossness of this question but it just occured to me.

I now have a good reason to book an inside! :D

definitely

That and creepy guys next door who stick their heads around the divider and peep into your room.

And I feel kind of bad for whoever it was that wanted their ashes scattered into the sea and instead ended up in a shop vac.

Not an elegant way to go.

Okay, that's so weird; I was thinking the exact same thing as the OP yesterday morning!

I had the aft wrap my last cruise and the person in the wrap above me (I was on deck 7) decided one night to dump the rest of their drink over their balcony rail right where my balcony door was opened at. Thankfully, I was inside the cabin at the time but was just about to go out there, so I was not happy! (I'm glad I wasn't just walking out right then, though!!) I yelled up to them not to do that, please, and I heard them slam their door shut - I think they didn't realize it would fall onto my balcony instead of into the sea.

Some lady lost her hat from one of the above decks and it landed on my balcony (I found it out there one day). I also found a strawberry or something from a drink and the little drink umbrella, too.

No vomit, though.

Yes, my son was laying out on my aft balcony when some drunk guy leaned over the side and let it go. My son got up and rushed up to the top deck and just so happened to grab security on his way up. The guy was taken some where to sober up.

That's the first time in all of my cruises that this has happened, it just happened to be his (my son's) first.

but was it his last?

yuck

On our honeymoon, we were ferrying from the Ship to Tulum to see the ruins....It was rough....one guy up front let it go and it blew back on about 50 people in front of us. We heard the screams and ducked and luckily we were in back and it missed us, but there were some nasty people on that ferry!

My mother in law got really seasick on a cruise and told me she had lost it over her balcony! No drinking involved. All I could think of is the people below.

Another gross story my Dad told me was when he was a teenager he was on a rollercoaster and the person in the first car threw up. Yuck!

Now everyone can go on their lunch breaks, enjoy!

Oh man the thought never occured to me. But yeah I could see it happening. I do think about it anytime I am on or watching a fast ride at the amusement park. That if the front person goes it's gonna be bad for all behind them. Ewwwwwww

Some people irresponsability really shocks me. So last fall we're on the Western Itin, cruising from Roatan to Belize. I am quietly fishing off my balcony, enjoying the sun, minding my own business. Suddenly someone purges from above! I got out of the way just in time, but it fouled up my tackle and pole pretty good. Strange thing was, the fish really started to bite after that! The things some people will do on their balcony.....

Well, now this is terrific. Here's a good reason why NCL Epic will have the bathroom configuration in three areas. You can vomit into the sink in one area, the toilet in another, and finally if these two facilities are busy, vomit right into the shower.

Please don't vomit above our balcony!!! :eek:

I sail her on march 12th, 2011 My B-day..Yeah:)

why do I feel that NONE of the other boards have threads like this??? :confused:

You are probably right. Remember this is a "Carnival trash" thread.

I'm sure none of the other cruise lines' guests ever do anything as base as throw up! :eek: (just kidding)

Ok, so this may be a really bizaar question, but im sure seasickness is certainly common on a cruise ship. We are scheduled for a balcony room, has anyone ever experienced vomit hurtling down from an upper deck splattering on the balconies below. Sorry for the grossness of this question but it just occured to me.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........thank God this has never, never, never happened to us. I think seasick people would be more likely to puke in the trash or toilet and not expose others to their body fluids, but then thats me thinking.

I think this is not something I'd concern myself with, enjoy that balcony, it's heaven.

Cheers

Not sure which would be worse, vomit or the dead guys ashes that were all over our balcony our last day at sea. The steward had to suck him(her) up in a shop vac.

Now that is just sad, I'm sure the dead guy didn't wish to end up in a shop vac.

Carnival will help you do a burial at sea for no cost. They have to have a group of reps from the cruise line, but they let you do your thing.

My dad was in the Navy and wanted to be buried at sea, Carnival arranged it, told us the day and time, we showed up, went through the crew area to the back of the ship where there is an anchor hole, there is no windows or anything below that and the hole ensures that the ashes do not blow back up on the deck.

We were very impressed by the service and grateful to Carnival for allowing it.

Cheers, Carole

Now that is just sad, I'm sure the dead guy didn't wish to end up in a shop vac.

Carnival will help you do a burial at sea for no cost. They have to have a group of reps from the cruise line, but they let you do your thing.

My dad was in the Navy and wanted to be buried at sea, Carnival arranged it, told us the day and time, we showed up, went through the crew area to the back of the ship where there is an anchor hole, there is no windows or anything below that and the hole ensures that the ashes do not blow back up on the deck.

We were very impressed by the service and grateful to Carnival for allowing it.

Cheers, Carole

1st i've heard of this, does it have to be military?

Happened to us on the Emerald Princess. Woke up one morning to find it all over our balcony. Ick, ick, ick, ick, ick. I was so mad -- I'd been just about to sit down in it!!!! I went out there with a lovely cup of coffee to enjoy the morning, and then recognized the familiar smell & saw the evidence all over the chairs, floor, etc. Stewart got his assistant, who was all dressed up in a haz-mat suit, to go out there & clean it up. But they didn't do a very thorough job. Ick, ick, ick again...

You know, that was the last time we booked a balcony... But I suppose it's also a little-thought-of reason to book the highest possible balcony category. So there's no one blowing icky stuff above you...

:(

Archived