Vomit from the balconies?

When I was in grade school I had a classmate who was notorious for hurling all over his desk. He did this at least once a month, at no particular time. Afterwards, we had to go sit outside until the janitor came and cleaned up.

Needless to say, the classmate was one of the most popular kids in class.

Happened to us on the Emerald Princess. Woke up one morning to find it all over our balcony. Ick, ick, ick, ick, ick. I was so mad -- I'd been just about to sit down in it!!!! I went out there with a lovely cup of coffee to enjoy the morning, and then recognized the familiar smell & saw the evidence all over the chairs, floor, etc. Stewart got his assistant, who was all dressed up in a haz-mat suit, to go out there & clean it up. But they didn't do a very thorough job. Ick, ick, ick again...

You know, that was the last time we booked a balcony... But I suppose it's also a little-thought-of reason to book the highest possible balcony category. So there's no one blowing icky stuff above you...

:(

BAD Stewart!!!

Ok, so this may be a really bizaar question, but im sure seasickness is certainly common on a cruise ship. We are scheduled for a balcony room, has anyone ever experienced vomit hurtling down from an upper deck splattering on the balconies below. Sorry for the grossness of this question but it just occured to me.

In 8 cruises haven't experienced this.. but I guess it could happen.. but I would make sure to look up to see who did it.. and make them clean it up:p

In 8 cruises haven't experienced this.. but I guess it could happen.. but I would make sure to look up to see who did it.. and make them clean it up:p

I don't think I would be looking up. I would just get the steward to clean it up.

OK, well I guess if folks could vomit over their balcony then they could pee too. I'm sure this happens too. A guy of course.

Yup I've seen it before (luckily from above- I don't think I would have found it as funny if I was looking up and saw a golden shower)

I doubt that any of this would faze me, though. At my college apartment all of the balconies faced each other... We found some really gross stuff out there all the time. Makes me wonder about those inward facing balconies on the Oasis of the Seas and what kind of nastiness the people below have seen. :p

Ok, maybe it is just me, but if I were inclined to be "ill", I would be heading for the bathroom, ( toilet or sink ). Balcony, if I were to have one, would not enter into my mind to "relieve" myself!:rolleyes:

Ok, maybe it is just me, but if I were inclined to be "ill", I would be heading for the bathroom, ( toilet or sink ). Balcony, if I were to have one, would not enter into my mind to "relieve" myself!:rolleyes:

Have you not ever been that REALLY SICK.. where it must go??

What you dont look up from your balcony???? I would make those that made the mess clean it up if I am around to see it:D

I certainly look up but not while someone is barfing - sorry, but my curiousity goes only so far. If it is a done deed then ya but not during the act

I certainly look up but not while someone is barfing - sorry, but my curiousity goes only so far. If it is a done deed then ya but not during the act

Its all spontaneous.. you wouldnt know if it was coming or going LOL:D

Whatever too each their own!!! Enjoy your cruise;)

Have you not ever been that REALLY SICK.. where it must go??

Well, yes long long time ago, embarrassed myself once, and after that had the good sense to expect those results. Sooo, I guess if I was expecting that result, I might place that shiny bucket next to my bed:D But I guess somewhere along the way, I learned to pace myself and avoid the situation! Ok, so I give....maybe someone could be in that position on their balcony. "But kids today...............they have it too good!" Balconies.

I have thrown up over a ship's rail before, but it wasn't a cruise ship and there wasn't anything below. I was in Italy on the ship to Capri and the waters were really rough due to a hurricane the day before. I tried very hard not to get sick, but my relatives started talking to me and I couldn't concentrate anymore, so I ran out of the inside of the ship and to the railing - made it just in time! Not a fun morning.... :( Thankfully, the ride back was smooth sailing and we got seats on the outside upper deck.

Well, yes long long time ago, embarrassed myself once, and after that had the good sense to expect those results. Sooo, I guess if I was expecting that result, I might place that shiny bucket next to my bed:D But I guess somewhere along the way, I learned to pace myself and avoid the situation! Ok, so I give....maybe someone could be in that position on their balcony. "But kids today...............they have it too good!" Balconies.

lol, beats dragging ur pillow into the bathroom & praying to the porcelain god all night

This happened on a tour boat out of Seward Alaska,,, the water was pretty rough and on our way back into the harbor we spotted some whales and we were off to chase them. There was a lady that just couldnt take it and ended up hugging the railing... problem was when her teeth flew out of her mouth, landed on deck and were sliding from side to side until another passenger chased them down and grabbed them for her... True Story!:)

This happened on a tour boat out of Seward Alaska,,, the water was pretty rough and on our way back into the harbor we spotted some whales and we were off to chase them. There was a lady that just couldnt take it and ended up hugging the railing... problem was when her teeth flew out of her mouth, landed on deck and were sliding from side to side until another passenger chased them down and grabbed them for her... True Story!:)

Hmmm, usually when I think of West Coast Choppers I think of Harleys. Now I get the image of those wind up mechanical teeth running across the Lido deck...

Sept 09 we were in a suite next to a bunch of VERY noisy soldiers (or so our cabin steward said) anyway second morning in, after a very noisy night next door i was sitting on the balcony and one of the guys from next door came right up by the divider and pee'd in one of the buckets :eek: that they deliver beers in, he was naked as well. You can see part of next doors balconys reflection in the glass of the verandha. I quickly got up and went inside. Yuk

Never happened to us. YIKES!!!!! Best not be happing in June on the Elation. :eek:

The post about the "popular" kid who threw up monthly cracked me up!! I teach third grade and the only child who threw-up in class this year is....

popular! Hmmmm... is there a correlation?? :)

Archived