AOS norovirus

Did anyone else get sick on the March 21 sailing of the Adventure of the Seas out of Puerto Rico? I became extremely ill on day 6 of the cruise with a norovirus. Thank goodness this was on the last day and I had little contact with others or in the food areas. Upon returning home I was giving IV fluids and antibiotics ( Cipro ) and remained ill for about 7 days.

Did anyone else get sick on the March 21 sailing of the Adventure of the Seas out of Puerto Rico? I became extremely ill on day 6 of the cruise with a norovirus. Thank goodness this was on the last day and I had little contact with others or in the food areas. Upon returning home I was giving IV fluids and antibiotics ( Cipro ) and remained ill for about 7 days.

Wow, not good...hope you are feeling better. I understand you can catch it very easily. Have to wash your hands constantly.

Antibiotics are not effective vs. viruses. Apparently your doctor diagnosed you with a bacterial illness, hence the need for antibiotics. Also, norovirus usually only lasts for a couple of days.

Sorry you were sick. Why were you given antibiotics for a virus? My husband and I had noro on the Island Princess in 2007 and were sick for about a day each but just given nausea medicine as it was a virus and had to just run its course.

Sounds like your doc thinks you have/had a bacterial infection. Noro does not last for 7 days.

Sorry you were sick. Why were you given antibiotics for a virus? My husband and I had noro on the Island Princess in 2007 and were sick for about a day each but just given nausea medicine as it was a virus and had to just run its course.

Sounds like your doc thinks you have/had a bacterial infection. Noro does not last for 7 days.

I had noro virus on our March cruise. Lasted about 36 hours. Did you receive credit towards your next cruise?

I had noro virus on our March cruise. Lasted about 36 hours. Did you receive credit towards your next cruise?

RCI give credit towards the next cruise when people get sick? They sure don't on Princess where we got sick as dogs with the pukes (and so did half of the ship).

Definitely not the length of symptoms of your typical case of Norovirus. Eat anywhere in Curacao or go anywhere off the beaten path?

Archived