Breaking news in the UK Eclipse on the way to Spain

uktog

FYI - Still not everyone is home.

I am in trouble on the P&O section on here for castigating P&O for not pulling out ANY stops to help out!!

The cheerleaders are after me in full force. Love it!! Snobs are well and truly out there on P&O also!!

Whatever Celebrity's motives - they actually did something!!

Thank you to all cc posters who kindly enquired after my son and offered help. I am delighted to say he finally managed to extract a seat from Delta yesterday (on a plane that after all their huffing and puffing about doing beig favours was not even half full) and I was able to get him from the airport here last night.

He looked good despite all they had been through and he is off to try and catch up the lost 10 days towards his masters deadline

Thanks to those of you who posted so kindly here

Hi Uktog:

I am so glad to hear that your son is home safe and sound. I hope everything goes smoothly for his masters.

At least he has a good story for the pub!

Thanks for posting, as I was wondering how he and the others were doing.

That's awful about the airline flying half empty when people are desperate to fly home.

Glad everything has worked out for your family.

A friend had her flight delayed indefinitely - she just went online and booked one a couple of days later - still not heard about the one which she was waitlisted for. So they were still selling, instead of clearing the backlog it seems.

I was one of the lucky ones who was invited to the naming ceremony. We should have been on the Eclipse on 22nd April, but it was sent to pick up the stranded holiday makers instead.

At a reception on Sunday evening we were talking to a member of staff who had been on the ship when it picked up the holiday makers. It would take too long to tell all the information we were given.

I am grateful that Celebrity did this for these stranded holiday makers and would have not been too dis-appointed if we had not gone to the naming ceremony.

Thank you to all cc posters who kindly enquired after my son and offered help. I am delighted to say he finally managed to extract a seat from Delta yesterday (on a plane that after all their huffing and puffing about doing beig favours was not even half full) and I was able to get him from the airport here last night.

He looked good despite all they had been through and he is off to try and catch up the lost 10 days towards his masters deadline

Thanks to those of you who posted so kindly here

Glad to read your good news UKtog! You must be relieved... I still know of friends who are stuck out in Hong Kong with children and cannot get a flight back until May 4th. Their 2wk trip is now a 4wk trip...

BMT, I was hoping to read some good news from you too by now! Good luck...

Archived