Zaandam Cabin Question

We are on the Zaandam departing out of San Diego tomorrow and I just noticed we have an adjoining room (1870).

I steer away from adjoining rooms in hotels due to concerns, mostly noise coming from next door, but was curious of anyone has had issues with this on a cruise ship?:confused:

I've had an adjoining stateroom on our 2nd cruise May 2009, Westerdam. The only time I heard anything from the next stateroom was if I was right up against the door. No, I was not being nosy, I had my scooter parked in front of it and ....

1093.gif

No noise issues at all.

Joanie

On my very first cruise we had an adjoining cabin, and whenever we went to bed before the neighbors we could hear voices and the TV from their room. But - we've had some other non-adjoining cabins on later cruises where we could hear about the same level of sound, so I'd say it depends more on the people over there (how hard of hearing they are) than the fact that there's a doorway between you.

I was once in an adjoining cabin on the Rotterdam (same class as the Zaandam), and heard very, very little noise through the doors. On rare occasions in the afternoon I heard the TV softly.

I was also in an adjoining cabin on the E-dam. Again, it was only when there was shouting in the next cabin did I hear anything.

Archived