Is there anything to eat in GC that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

erinmarie424

We have the same issue. We are taking Ziploc bags on the cruise and ordering sandwiches from room service either early in the morning or the night before and taking them with us. I hear the BLT's are very good. I will stick them with our cold water bottles and they will be fine for the few hours.

Have fun whatever you do!

there's a big difference between "not allowed to" and "can't" ;)

How about this: You are PROHIBITED by local Health and Customs regulations in all ports from taking any unsealed food,.i.e., sealed by the manufacturer, not a zippy, off the ship or bringing any such unsealed food items back on board the ship PERIOD!!!

I am currently staying on GC and went to public beach yesterday. There is a Calico Jacks restaurant there but the food was so bad it makes MCD a Zagat 30. If you go to tbhat beach just buy drinks there and eat somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheap eats? Free rum cake samples from Tortuga rum cake factory!

Also, go the McDonalds and have a hot apple pie. These are not like the ones in the states, they are the ones they used to sell years ago- deep fried with a hot apple filling. Also, unless I am mistaken, they also sell beer there.

Cheap eats? Free rum cake samples from Tortuga rum cake factory!

Also, go the McDonalds and have a hot apple pie. These are not like the ones in the states, they are the ones they used to sell years ago- deep fried with a hot apple filling. Also, unless I am mistaken, they also sell beer there.

There are no McDonalds on Grand Cayman, only MacDonald's which is nothing like the more famous homophone from America, other also having Hamburgers on the menu.:D

http://www.macdonalds.ky/index.php

Archived