AOS review 4-11-4-18

Well since I read so many reviews on here I wanted to post as soon as I could get time.

We arrived in San Juan on Sat, cab to Marriott Stellars. What a beautiful hotel. They were having several wedding there that night. We watched from our room one on the beach.

We walked over to Wallgreens for soda's and hair stuff I forgot. Very close to the hotel.

Next day, went for breakfast at Danny's. good. Then out to the beach for some R&R.

We stayed out there till just before noon, as that was the late checkout time.

Took a cab to the pier, lines looked very long, but they really moved fast. I think we were on the ship within 45 min. To the Windjamer for lunch. Room was ready at 2pm. Met with Rita & Randy from Wa, which we met thru the roll calls. We all went and explored the ship. WOW. it seemed huge.

Got into our room, and the balcony seemed very small. Compaired to Princess ship, which was the only balcony we had ever had before. But got unpacked very quick. I must say, I read abou the over the door shoe rack for the bathroom, what a lifesaver. It cost about $8.00 at walmart, and well worth every penny. There was NO room in the bathroom at all.

Also, used those packing cubes, rolled all the clothes, and when we unpacked them, no wrinkles at all.

So, went to the MDR and requested we be seated with Rita & Randy as well as Ross ad Buffy which were also on CC roll call.

Met our waiter, Lorwin, from India, he was awesome. Loved him.

Our room steward was Benson, older man, not too friendly.

Next day was sea day. We ate in the MDR for breakfast, Met some nice folks from Canada. Then to our Meet & Mingle meeting at 11:00. RCI did not send out invitations, so lots of folkes did not know of the meeting. Only had about 16 there. But had nice time. Then to the pool (adult) for some sun. Not too many empty chairs, but hubby found us some.

Formal dinner that night. Rita & Randy did not join us, they just wanted to chill out, so ate with the other couple.

Dinner was good.

Tues we were in Barbados. Did the Shasa tour. Great tour, there were 12 of us on board. Snorkled with the turtles, saw tons of them. Andrew the captian was putting out small fish for them, so they would swim around us. it was great. Then they took us for some reef snorkeling. Saw lots of beautiful fish. Then, ate a great home cooked meal that his wife brought to us. Plus had as much rum punch/beer as we wanted.

Next day, St Lucia. did the Cosal tour. Bumpy was our driver, which I can't say enough nice things about him. We stopped at banana plantation, he explained how the banana's are done, which I had no idea so much went into it.

Then, breakfast at this persons house, which was great as well. Bumpy showed us the cashew plants and how they are done, plus drove thru the volcano, and waterfalls.

The senery was absoulty out of this world. This was our favorite place. Took a water taxi over to a private beach by the Pitons. We were there for about 1 hr. This tour is well worth the $60.00 ea. lasted about 5-6 hrs. and saw it all, this is a very poor island, but everyone there was very appreicative of the tourist.

Thurs, Antigua. By now we are pooped, and did not want to plan much. This morning it rained for about 1/2 hr, then sunshine. The port was very dirty, lots of debris in the water, as well as lots of people begging for $. Found an internet cafe right there, nice owner who did not mind using it without paying anything. Went thru town, and walked to the bus stop to go to Valley Church beach. Got on the bus, and waited forever. Finally asked the driver when we would be leaving, he said when the bus fills up. well, there were only about 7 people on there, so we got off and took a cab. Valley Church was beautiful. Only stayed there a few hours before the cab driver came back for us.

Friday, St Marteen. Rented a 4 door jeep with Rita & Randy. Randy drove, thank goodness. Went to a beach for a little while, then off to Maho beach to watch the planes land. What a crazy experience. Took tons of pictures. Ate lunch ther, which was nice. This was our 2nd favorite place. Very modernized.

Formal night, our other 4 tablemates did not come, so just Mark and I. It was nice, romantic.

Sat, St Croix. Guys were suppose to dive here, but DH did not have his certificate, so they were unable to dive. Went to Sand Castle Beach. This was $6.00 PP round trip in a nice shuttle. for $20.00 we got 2 chairs, umbrella, 2 rum punchs, use of the pool, bathrooms, and this was very nice place. We stayed there several hours, before returning to the ship.

Back out to the pool for the last day, at which time I was getting depressed that we had to leave the next day.

Food on the ship was good, not over the top, but all my meals were great, plus the deserts were awesome. DH is diabetic, so had to eat sugar free, and they had the best ones. Some of us all had them.

Ship was beautiful, not sure what everyone was talking about it being run down.

EVERYONE working there was overly nice, and accomadating to us.

Any questions, would be happy to answer.

I would go back in a heartbeat!

Montie

Archived