June 12th price drop?

I noticed what i think to be a price drop on the June 12th Western Caribbean, can someone confirm this? An inside cabin is now $849 and i'm pretty sure it was in the $1,000+ before but i can't remember. A balcony cabin is now $1,299. So if this price drop is true, my question is would i get OBC because i booked 2 interior cabins and got upgraded to 2 D4 balconies.

Thanks.

Both prices are for guarantee cabins. Are you saying that you booked and paid for two interiors and RCI upgraded you to two oceanview balconies? If that is the case then more than likely they will not give you any type of credit. Also, if you choose to go with the new price, you will more than likely lose your assigned cabins as again they are guarantee cabin rates which means that RCI gets to choose your cabin location.

There has definitely been some serious price dropping on this cruise. I actually had 3 interior Cat. L cabins and when they dropped the prices I chose not to get the OBC, but instead upgraded to a balcony gurantee for no additional cost. It has worked out great as I received our room assignments and ended up in oceanview balcony cabins on deck 6 within a couple cabins of each other.

You should most definitely get an OBC for the difference of what you paid and what it is now (providing you had a guarantee to begin with), but whether or not you get thrown back into the gurantee pool is something only RCCL can say with any certainty. Anything else would be mere speculation. Good luck and see you onboard!!:D

Both prices are for guarantee cabins. Are you saying that you booked and paid for two interiors and RCI upgraded you to two oceanview balconies? If that is the case then more than likely they will not give you any type of credit. Also, if you choose to go with the new price, you will more than likely lose your assigned cabins as again they are guarantee cabin rates which means that RCI gets to choose your cabin location.

Yes. Paid for 2 interior cabins and RCI upgraded us to 2 oceanview balconies.

Yes. Paid for 2 interior cabins and RCI upgraded us to 2 oceanview balconies.

You won't loose anything by calling and asking them. Do so REAL soon as the prices are a roller coaster for this cruise. (I check everyday):eek:

Anything else on here would be nothing more than speculation. Only RCCL can tell you. 1-866-562-7625 (customer service)

Yes, we have 2 assigned inside rooms booked for this sailing and it came down $100 more per person so we have $400 (plus another $50 per cabin) for a total of $500 OBC. Is any of it refundable if you don't use it all up? See you all on the 12th of June!

I just received 200 OBC on this sailing. I emailed my TA and he had it adjusted. I have saved a total of 1160.00 due to price drops. The first was 960.00 before final payment for switching to a D3 and now the OBC since final payment has been made.

Tina

Yes, we have 2 assigned inside rooms booked for this sailing and it came down $100 more per person so we have $400 (plus another $50 per cabin) for a total of $500 OBC. Is any of it refundable if you don't use it all up? See you all on the 12th of June!

It should be refunded to the credit card that will have on file for onboard purchases. If you use cash and not a credit card, then I'm not really sure.

I booked a D1. Not a guarantee . Is there any chance that I will ever get an upgrade? And if so, to what?

There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets upgraded and who doesn't. If there are any upgrades given, it may have to do with your loyalty level with RCCL. If you have booked through a travel agency, it also may have to do with how much volume the agency does with RCCL.

Maybe because I just moved my cruise (3 rooms) from June 12 to July 24! LOL...When I switched about a month ago, the real savings was on the 7/24 cruise as the price dropped 400.00 per person in each room and the interiors were also 200. cheaper. I saved about $2000. but gave up the OBC. At the time there were no deals on the 6/12 sailing. It really does seem to be random or maybe as it's approaching, they are finding they're not filling the cabins as they would like?

Archived