Size of In-Cabin Fridge For Medication

I am going on the LOS next week and due to my diabetes RCCL have suggested I have a small refrigerator in the cabin to keep the insulin cold. Does anyone know how big these are? As I don't think it is going to be necessary for me to have one actually but it already ordered.

The built in Refrigerator in the cabins is more of a cooler. It will keep things cool and prevent the candy in there from melting but it does not keep things cold!

If your medicine needs to be cold then the optional refrigerator is the best thing for you.

You can get your fridge to keep things cold if you leave open the cabinet door a bit. It allows better airflow around the condenser, and coils, which in turn keeps your fridge COLD! I did this on the Monarch, and actually had a slushy bottle of water the next morning. It did make for a painful walk to the bathroom at 4 in the morning!:mad::mad::mad:

Personally I don't trust Cruise Line Refridgerators. They don't cool very well to begin with and equipment failure has been known to happen. Than what are you going to do.

I don't travel with insulation but do travel with meds that need refridgerating. I use the small cooler I carry on the plane instead. Everything gets packed in ziplock bags and I have the cabin stewart deliver ice a couple of times a day. Never had a problem doing it this way and don't have to worry whether or not it's being cooled correctly.

Archived