Looking for Beach Chair w/umbrella or foldup umbrella to travel to Bermuda with

brzymom

Hey Cruise Critics:

Ok--heading for a week in Bermuda and I have a dilemma--I love the beach, but cannot tolerate that semi-tropical sun all day. Each time I go, I rent umbrella's for $10 or $15 per day. It gets pricey.

I have been searching for either a beach chair/umbrella combo or a fold up (for travelling) umbrella or tent like shelter to take with me. It needs to fold up and have a carry bag with straps--as we plan on renting the mopeds and would need to strap it on our back to carry.

Can anyone recommend something? If all else fails, I am just buying something the first day I get there and then leave it in the cottage for the next lucky guest!

Any help would be appreciated! Tried the other board that has Bermuda info, but they do not get anywhere near the number of posters that cruisecritic has!

Laura:

this is precisely what I found after many searches. I was worried whether or not it was as good as it looked--based on your response I have hit the "order" button and it is on its way! Thank you!

Laura:

this is precisely what I found after many searches. I was worried whether or not it was as good as it looked--based on your response I have hit the "order" button and it is on its way! Thank you!

Tricia

I think you will like it. It is really light weight and not so bulky to carry around. My only advice is that if it is windy and you get up from your chair, release the tension on the cords holding the canopy in place...otherwise your chair may become a kite.

Have a great trip!

Laura

We also have two of these. They are great. I would suggest you also put your beach bag on them when you go in the water (along with loosening the cords), just in case. It was great being on Horseshoe Bay Beach with them on a day the rental place decided it was too windy to rent umbrellas and we were the only one with shade! Ours actually fold up and has two straps to carry on your back. (I didn't look closely at the details of the one pictured but ours is the same brand and looks very similar) It is a sand chair. We have taken ours to Bermuda twice and the Caribbean once. Our two fit in a 30" duffle along with our snorkel equipment and two 12 packs of soda.

What a cool product! I was going to post, don't wait until you get to BDA to purchase an umbrella. Last year we hit a large homegoods/hardware store outside Hamilton & searched fruitlessly for a portable umbrella. they had some dodgy old product, but nothing worth buying.

Archived