Difference between a 4B and 4D

texasnana

Looking on the carinival site i found now when booked into a 4B you are upgraded to a 4D cabin. We have a Riveria 4B and now could be upgraded i guess to Main 4D. What is the difference and is it worth me calling my TA to change?

A bit depends on the ship and where you end up, but typically you will be a bit closer to the promenade and centrally located so you'll have less walking to do. As with all cabins, there are good and bad in each class depending on location and whats nearby.

It can't hurt to call and see where you end up.

from my understanding the difference is the location of the room. their the same room type, but set in a different area, could be a better location. ex: my friends wanted a balcony and as near to the middle of the ship for hopefully less motion. when first going in for the "booking" the 8A is shown, you go in under edit and we clicked on the 8B and were able to get a room more towards the center and over the shops (less noise) and only rooms above us. and to get the 8B it did cost 20.00 more a person.

so the letter stands for location and different $$priceing. what i do is see whats above me and below me for that cabin to see if i hopefully will like it. my first cruise we took a 1A and was as far front as you could get, rocky, but was a good room! lol

The main deck is usually called off first, so it makes for a fast get away. I agree to check the deck plans to see what is above and below for the noise factor. I think personally I would take the upgrade unless the galley was above you. I always book an inside cabin so I can cruise more but I am not crazy about being on the lowest deck. I don't know why but I feel like I am in steerage.:o You will have less motion there though.

Archived