Carnival Splendor - Checkin Time

suzy671

I think everyone gets that call - so everyone is not there first thing to check in. We got the call - but since we were already in LA, they left the message on our answering machine. We got the about 9:30 and were in group 1. On board by about 11:30.

I just got a message from Carnival not to show up until 2:00 on Saturday, April 25th. Does anyone know why so late? Is the ship coming in late that day from this week's sailing?

A lot of people get that call because Carnival wants to stagger the embarkation. Just go when you want to adn ignore the call.

I just got a message from Carnival not to show up until 2:00 on Saturday, April 25th. Does anyone know why so late? Is the ship coming in late that day from this week's sailing?

That's the standard call everyone gets. We waited in line FOREVER to board in January. It was the worse embarkation we've ever done with Carnival. Cured us for a while of ever going back on the Splendor. We got to the ship around 11:00 a.m. checked in, and sat and waited and waited. We did not board until 3:00 p.m. Also, we got there just in time because after we checked in the line was forever long.

Archived