Guess what??

Guess what? The TA rang today and said, your tickets are ready to collect:confused::confused:

I told her I had collected them 2 weeks ago:)

I am going to collect them as they have the updated luggage allowance, to save taking the letter with me, but it's a bit ironic, some people were waiting ages (mentioning no names:rolleyes:)for theirs and I have two lots:p:p

Linda

Guess what? The TA rang today and said, your tickets are ready to collect:confused:

I told her I had collected them 2 weeks ago:)

I am going to collect them as they have the updated luggage allowance, to save taking the letter with me, but it's a bit ironic, some people were waiting ages (mentioning no names:rolleyes:)for theirs and I have two lots:p:p

Linda

Hi Linda, when are you going on the cruise, were going 2 weeks this Saturday and have no sign of tickets yet:(

Hi Linda, when are you going on the cruise, were going 2 weeks this Saturday and have no sign of tickets yet:(

They vary such a lot! We've had ours for 7th May for nearly three weeks already but Berwyn's only just got his for next week! In my experience, I usually expect them to arrive between two to three weeks out from departure. I'd start to make enquiries of your TA or ring up if they don't arrive in the next day or two.

It's great when your tickets arrive - not least of all because there's quite a lot in the booklet about your cruise as well as excursion information - but basically all that information is in the cruise brochure somewhere and most of the excursion details are on the website (ports of call) - also if you have any queries or concerns, this site is a great source of help/info. In the worst case scenario you will be able to pick up your tickets at the airport. I know it's not the same but you WILL go on holiday even if the boklet doesn't arrive.

But follow it up - they have time to send you out some more and fingers crossed they come soon!! Enjoy your first trip. :D

What online security thingy???

Hi Linda

In our travel docs from Thomson its at the bottom of page 32.

I must admit it took me quite a while before I found it-the print is so small & I don't think some of the colours help!

You go online to http://eapi.thomson.co.uk.

You then put passport nos dobs etc & submit. This is something new-never been asked for this beforehand.

Hope this helps

Dribbler

Hi Linda

I must admit it took me quite a while before I found it-the print is so small & I don't think some of the colours help!

You then put passport nos dobs etc & submit. This is something new-never been asked for this beforehand.

Hope this helps

Dribbler

Hi all,

It was introduced last year. We had to do it for our RCI cruise last June flying with Jet 2.

From what I remember the Spaniards started it wanting the details from about last April.

For security reasons the US, most EU States, and other countries now require airlines to provide details about their passengers before they travel. This is known as Advance Passenger Information (API).

The API requirements vary from country to country. Your airline will let you know what they need from you.

Providing your API should not be confused with applying for a visa. You will still need to follow the entry rules for every country you visit, as well as any customs and passport control regulations.

Berwyn

Hi Linda

Hope this helps

Dribbler

Hi Dribbler,

Thanks for that. I must admit I never read things properly:eek:

I did fill in this sort of thing for Princess cruises, but we then had to print it off with the tickets, so I didn't realise we had to do it this time.:(

So we don't have to print anything off???

Linda

Hi Linda

Hope this helps

Dribbler

By the way it is on page 39 in our travel docs. :)

Hi all,

It was introduced last year. We had to do it for our RCI cruise last June flying with Jet 2.

From what I remember the Spaniards started it wanting the details from about last April.

For security reasons the US, most EU States, and other countries now require airlines to provide details about their passengers before they travel. This is known as Advance Passenger Information (API).

The API requirements vary from country to country. Your airline will let you know what they need from you.

Providing your API should not be confused with applying for a visa. You will still need to follow the entry rules for every country you visit, as well as any customs and passport control regulations.

Berwyn

Ooh Berwyn - not long to go now!!!

Are you both getting excited?

:D

They vary such a lot! We've had ours for 7th May for nearly three weeks already but Berwyn's only just got his for next week! In my experience, I usually expect them to arrive between two to three weeks out from departure. I'd start to make enquiries of your TA or ring up if they don't arrive in the next day or two.

It's great when your tickets arrive - not least of all because there's quite a lot in the booklet about your cruise as well as excursion information - but basically all that information is in the cruise brochure somewhere and most of the excursion details are on the website (ports of call) - also if you have any queries or concerns, this site is a great source of help/info. In the worst case scenario you will be able to pick up your tickets at the airport. I know it's not the same but you WILL go on holiday even if the boklet doesn't arrive.

But follow it up - they have time to send you out some more and fingers crossed they come soon!! Enjoy your first trip. :D

Rang Thomson today, 28 minutes on hold listening to the same song over and over:mad: Told him there was no sign of the tickets yet and were heading off in 2 weeks. He replied " I see a computer error on your booking, have now sorted it and your tickets will be sent immediately 2nd class:mad: so you should recieve them end of the week or start of the following week". That following week is when were going.

Rang Thomson today, 28 minutes on hold listening to the same song over and over:mad: Told him there was no sign of the tickets yet and were heading off in 2 weeks. He replied " I see a computer error on your booking, have now sorted it and your tickets will be sent immediately 2nd class:mad: so you should recieve them end of the week or start of the following week". That following week is when were going.

Oh heck!!! :eek: Hope they arrive soon (especially after paying for 28 minutes of phone call!!! :mad:) Let us know when they come. It will all be worth it in the end! :D:D

Our red sea tickets arrived in plenty of time for our November trip last year. That was booked online. This time booked with Thomson TA and although not going until 31 May have noticed a computer error on the email sent confirming our booking. Should I start to worry? What was the error mentioned?

One useful thing with the email from the TA was that it mentioned the one line document that had to be filled in, so did that ages ago.

Archived