Hi a newbie here booked on Dream in Aug

Hi I have been lurking for a while and thought it was time to say Hi, have been following posts for Thompson Dream we are booked on her for the 10th of Aug have not cruised with Thompson before although have friends who have done 3 or 4 trips and loved each one. We will be doing the Med Gems cruise from Palma around Rome Italy south of France ect. Have not visited any of the destinations before. Any words of wisdom about optional excursions ect. Looking forward to hearing reveiws on Dream when 1st travelers return.

I notice the price for our cruise package which is a cruise and stay has jumped up about £600 since I booked last night as I had to phone Thompsons today as I booked the wrong hotel, The 2 hotels are the same price in the brocher but the package has gone up since booking last night and they cant just transfer my booking from one hotel to the other :confused: Never mind my own fault I am not paying a extra £600 as so far the holiday is standing me £4,500 for 2 of us but am so looking forward to it. Anyone else going on Dream on the 10th Aug ??????????

Hi I have been lurking for a while and thought it was time to say Hi, have been following posts for Thompson Dream we are booked on her for the 10th of Aug have not cruised with Thompson before although have friends who have done 3 or 4 trips and loved each one. We will be doing the Med Gems cruise from Palma around Rome Italy south of France ect. Have not visited any of the destinations before. Any words of wisdom about optional excursions ect. Looking forward to hearing reveiws on Dream when 1st travelers return.

I notice the price for our cruise package which is a cruise and stay has jumped up about £600 since I booked last night as I had to phone Thompsons today as I booked the wrong hotel, The 2 hotels are the same price in the brocher but the package has gone up since booking last night and they cant just transfer my booking from one hotel to the other :confused: Never mind my own fault I am not paying a extra £600 as so far the holiday is standing me £4,500 for 2 of us but am so looking forward to it. Anyone else going on Dream on the 10th Aug ??????????

Hi alliballi,

Welcome to the loony bin ;)

Rome is fair bit from the port you`ll be berthed in (Civitavecchia)and is doable on your own but would say only for the experienced traveller.If its your first time would suggest organised excursions...Previously been to Rome with Ocean Village and their organised excursions were 4hrs upwards

Can`t help with any of your other stops as i haven`t visited any of them but i`m sure someone will be along shortly with advice

hi we are booked on dream in june doing gems like you also like you have not cruised with thomsons before have done rcc and po.its very exiting isnt it. will let you know how ours go

Were on the Dream in June also but just checked its the Med explorer were doing

hi all thanks for replies Jim thank you for the tip re Rome we will do the trip rather than go it alone this was one of the trips we said we would do anyway so good to know it isnt really do able one your own. Would love to know which ports are walkable from ship to nearest shops ect.

Calconnik we have made this cruise a little special and went all out for a grand suite:) nope we are not posh just first holiday we have had for a while and the first one we have had without the kids who are now all grown and dont want to spend a fortnight with there parents LOL. Thought what the hell lets push the boat out so to speak. I am sure it will be worth it and hopfully a holiday to remember for a long time . Cant wait to hear what the first passengers think on there return and also look forward to calonnik reporting back on the Gems cruise as we will be going to the same places.

Hi, my family and I are booked on the Dream for 10th August this year. This will be our first cruise and we are celebrating my dads 60th birthday on 12th August.

I have been watching the message boards with interest and decided to open a cruise critic account today to join in the fun and exciting buildup to our holiday. Cant wait to go .......:)

Thanks again Jim I am off out for a bit but will definatly check that link out later this eve I do like to know as much as possible before getting there, a while away yet I know but am already so excited LOL :)

Archived