Carnival Triumph Topless Show 4/13/10

WoodyStang

It seems Carnival is trying to change it's image. My daughter and I went to the illusionist show after dinner (8:30 pm). The show was extremely racy (burlesque style) with many dancers bending over showing their backsides (having thongs on). We stayed for the entire show but many families with children left shortly after the show started. The magician and cruise director many times advertised the "R rated" French Burlesque late show. I did not personally go to this show, but others on board I talked to did. This was "Topless" I was told.

We are reconsidering cruising with Carnival in the future.

I am attempting to attach the "Funtimes" (old Carnival Capers). The show was listed as "A Kiss Goodnight"

Just thought everyone would want to know....

2092516751_CarnivalCapers.jpg.3afccd1dd983ab0565327adcc5ccb44a.jpg

I wouldn't personally attend a show like that but I would consider myself warned if I did. One of the many reasons I love cruising is that they try their best to cater to as many of the passengers as they can from activities to food and all between.

Why do so many people make a big deal out of someone being topless? I just don't get it. It is just part of the human body.

OMG!!!!11!!1!!!1!! My kid might see a BOOB!!!!! Won't someone PLEEEEEASE think of the CHILDREN?!?!?!?

One thing I've learned a long time ago was people and their attitudes vary way too much to make an observation like this.

I have to believe someone when they said it was topless and since it was rated R, maybe it was.

Just because some people were leavign with their kids since they were showing their a** and wearing thongs is such a personal decision, I won't even go there with the exception of I am just guessing there was much more to see next to the pool with no comment (or walking down mainstreet, back home as far as that goes).

I would be surprised that someone would reconsider just becasue of the show as I don't find the shows that important and a consideration. To those that do and would change lines becuase of it, more power to them - I just happen to be not one of them.

I get a chuckle out of someone going to a R rated show and concerned that it was topless. I think the rating makes it a bit obvious, doesn't it? Moral of the story, what nothers you may not bother others and the other way around.

OMG!!!!11!!1!!!1!! My kid might see a BOOB!!!!! Won't someone PLEEEEEASE think of the CHILDREN?!?!?!?

LOL you would have thought that it was the second coming the way some people react.

We were just on the Triumph..and it was not topless for the magic show...we left halfway through, since our son was getting tired and wanted to leave. But the first half of the show was not topless..lol

The OP didn't say the magic show was topless. The "R rated French Burlesque Show" later in the evening was the one he "heard" was topless.

The magic show wasn't topless - I sat through the entire thing. Topless would have made it more interesting, at least! However, there were thongs-a-plenty in all the shows. The midnight show, A Kiss Goodnight, was billed as burlesque. I didn't see it, but I took that to mean it was a vegas-style Folies Bergere-type thing.

It said R-rated, yet I am sure there were parents that showed up and were "shocked." I am never surprised to see parents bringing young kids into the R-rated comedy shows.

I am not calling you a liar....but its very hard to believe Carnival would have a topless show:eek:

I too am having a real hard time believing that Carnival is now having topless shows on their ships... Unless.... uhhhhhhhhhh were the guys topless????

I never said it offended me i just stated i can't believe Carnival has topless women in their shows...i never saw one...Love ya Kurbanfan....lmao

Sorry if you thought my post was directed at you, it was more of a response to the OP.

It seems Carnival is trying to change it's image. My daughter and I went to the illusionist show after dinner (8:30 pm). The show was extremely racy (burlesque style) with many dancers bending over showing their backsides (having thongs on). We stayed for the entire show but many families with children left shortly after the show started. The magician and cruise director many times advertised the "R rated" French Burlesque late show. I did not personally go to this show, but others on board I talked to did. This was "Topless" I was told.

We are reconsidering cruising with Carnival in the future.

I am attempting to attach the "Funtimes" (old Carnival Capers). The show was listed as "A Kiss Goodnight"

Just thought everyone would want to know....

They do advertise Las Vegas style shows, and this stuff is Las Vegas style stuff, they show thong regularly, but then so do the women at the beach, and some of the men in speedos just yuck.

Just saying............. if I were afraid of my kids seeing thongs I'd not take them to a Las Vegas type show.

Archived