Anyone Interested in Late Jan/Early Feb 2012 CC Group Cruise to ARUBA on Miracle?

SheilaS

As the group keeps growing, we might be the largest CC group to cruise on the Miracle.

Taz

Well, once booked we will be right up there in numbers! :eek::eek: :cool:Even though we are "OFFICIALLY" now a CC group cruise we still all need to book to be "OFFICIAL"

I see around 200 people listed as interested. I think since we are a year and a half out from this cruise we will have much more interest! We are off to a great start with the excitement of the new itinerary! We will have 200 or more booked for sure!:D

Miami Vice- one of the great "FOO FOO" drinks! ask for a "float" on your next one....

Good Morning, Waiters!! :)

My feet just won't be still...I have emailed Johna to give me a call about booking...and then I have to wait until Laura sends me a link to our CC forum so I have a spot to post the prices...

Thank you, thank you for the dancing people! :D I loved them!:cool:

I tried to bust a few moves myself, but I think I pulled my back out! :eek::o I better stick to the "curly shuffle" and "raisin' the roof"! :p

Sheila<----------says that "Waitin' - Phase 3" is making her craaaaa-zy!

It sometimes takes a while to get the forum pages up, you might want to notify by e-mail the prices once you get them I noticed a few other groups doing that. I saw a dancing thing, just for you, I am going to go find it. :D

There seems to be quite a few people here that have never been on a group cruise...and even tho we are the friendliest of folks, I'm sure they are having a few reservations about how booking with a group will affect their vacation. The people, the activities, the rules???

Could some of you veteran "groupies" tell a little about your feelings and expectations in the time leading up to your first group cruise...and then the reality of it after you boarded the ship?

I'm sure they would appreciate it....and maybe it will bring back a few fond memories for yourself.:)

If anyone has any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask...no question is too silly or stupid! There is always someone here that knows the answer...and if we don't :confused:, we will find out for you! :p

Sheila<------------has to do some actual work today:eek:

I try to keep an eye on this as well.

Mark I am with you, could never cheer for the habs....go leafs.....:D

I hear ya. I took out my leafs towel for all the Habs fans to cry into :D

Sandi

We are also doing this one in 2011...Jan.22... what tours have you planned ?

Terry

Are you going with a group or did you book with Carnival?

Can't wait to see what kind of pricing we get compared to the CC group

in 2011.

I'm trying to leave the tours for my DH to do but don't think he has gotten very far. Looking at his notes he only mentions a few in Curacau, and a Pirate tour & DePalm Island in Aruba no prices for either tour. :confused::confused:

I'm a planner so I plan far in advance, he's a "I'll get to it one day" type of guy, but very very nice :D:D

Chris

Thanks Sheila! I actually do have a question about group cruising.... Once we have pricing and pay our deposits, if there is a price-drop, will be be able to take advantage of it? (if it is before final payment? BTW, when is final payment for a group cruise? Before the usual 3 months?) Are we able to book Early Saver with the group?

Thanks!

There seems to be quite a few people here that have never been on a group cruise...and even tho we are the friendliest of folks, I'm sure they are having a few reservations about how booking with a group will affect their vacation. The people, the activities, the rules???

Could some of you veteran "groupies" tell a little about your feelings and expectations in the time leading up to your first group cruise...and then the reality of it after you boarded the ship?

I'm sure they would appreciate it....and maybe it will bring back a few fond memories for yourself.:)

If anyone has any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask...no question is too silly or stupid! There is always someone here that knows the answer...and if we don't :confused:, we will find out for you! :p

Sheila<------------has to do some actual work today:eek:

My turn for another question:D You know those $100 deposit things you can buy when you are already on a cruise? Well can those be applied to a group cruise and also can you still get the OBC as well as whatever is offered by the group.

Also one more ....tips....currently we just leave ours on and give a few $$extra as we see warrented. Does anything change with the tip structure on a group cruise? You know like in some restaurants if there are more people at the table the tip is automatic and set?

Oh thought of another one, from what I understand the dep is for a GTY cabin and is non-refundable. If I want to pick my cabin I think the dep is higher but is it refundable?

Thanks a bunch

don't forget my question

I don't have a cabin mate YET so when I book do I book as "me and a guest" or do I need to use one of my son's names? If I book as just me will I be able to change it to double occ when the lucky person is chosen?

don't forget my question

I don't have a cabin mate YET so when I book do I book as "me and a guest" or do I need to use one of my son's names? If I book as just me will I be able to change it to double occ when the lucky person is chosen?

I do know that it will cost you to change a name and to book as a single you have to pay the full deposit, if I am not correct please let JaneyLynn know, as for booking a double you will need both names,

Joan:)

On the group cruise you can pick your cabin at the group rate but you have to pay the full deposit, not the reduced one we usually get. I did that on my last cruise.

Johna has to book you for the group status. I have heard of people doing the Early Savor and transfering it but again an answer I refer to others.

Kim, I do not know about what you bought onboard you would have to ask someone more experienced.

As for who is going add a name and you can change it later.

The insurance is cheaper thru the group than what CCL offers if interested.

If the price lowers Johna will try to get them to lower the rates but no guantee, and time everything is due is pretty much the sme. I think about 2 weeks difference.

My turn for another question:D You know those $100 deposit things you can buy when you are already on a cruise? Well can those be applied to a group cruise and also can you still get the OBC as well as whatever is offered by the group.

Also one more ....tips....currently we just leave ours on and give a few $$extra as we see warrented. Does anything change with the tip structure on a group cruise? You know like in some restaurants if there are more people at the table the tip is automatic and set?

Oh thought of another one, from what I understand the dep is for a GTY cabin and is non-refundable. If I want to pick my cabin I think the dep is higher but is it refundable?

Thanks a bunch

About your on board credit. We had two from 2008 and used one on our Alaska cruise. We had to mail it certified to Miami, FL and they contacted Johna and the adjustment was made to our payment, took about 10-14 days, by the time the 2nd pmt was due.

When we got on the ship we were given 2- $100.00 credit slips, one from CC and one from Carnival.

As far as the tipping goes it is set by Carnival and I don't believe it has anything to do with how many people are at your table.

Don't know about cabins we go with the guarantee price from CC and are usually upgraded to a higher cabin. The Alaska cruise we were upgraded 4 levels.

If you don't want a particular cabin then this may be the way to go. We could have picked a cabin when we booked but we usually wait because a cabin is not

what attracts us to a cruise it is the ports.

Hope this helps

Mike & Chris

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I have to be stuck at work when there is soo much going on here??

(Boss will be on vacation in a couple weeks...I'll be posting more then! LOL SHHHH...don't tell!)

I'm sorry, Debbie... I know just how you feel...

I am at work also, so I can't take time to answer everyone's questions right now, but I will be back later...:)

I'm in my little office, bored and my office mate is on vacation so no-one to look over my shoulder but better get back to work so I can get my reports done!

Does anyone know if Carnival is giving you any OBC if you book within so many days of being off a cruise. I should have stopped by the desk onboard but didn't!

OK - I spent about 5 1/2 hours today reading this thread from start to finish. I'd like to welcome all the new people joining us and say hey to all the Miracle Waiters and Freedom Rockers - I miss you all!!! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for being so late in posting, you'd think my hubby would have given me the link geeezzzzzz!!! Have no fear either, I know you have all been trying to make me less shy and I will try really hard this time to come out of my shell. Meeting new people and actually talking to them is very hard for me but I will give it my best shot.....

OK STOP LAUGHING NOW!!!

OK - I spent about 5 1/2 hours today reading this thread from start to finish. I'd like to welcome all the new people joining us and say hey to all the Miracle Waiters and Freedom Rockers - I miss you all!!! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for being so late in posting, you'd think my hubby would have given me the link geeezzzzzz!!! Have no fear either, I know you have all been trying to make me less shy and I will try really hard this time to come out of my shell. Meeting new people and actually talking to them is very hard for me but I will give it my best shot.....

OK STOP LAUGHING NOW!!!

...............Hmmmmm "OK - I spent about 5 1/2 hours today reading this thread from start to finish.".... I will check with your boss to see how you get a 5 1/2 hour lunch on an 8 hour day!!!

Nice to be you.....LMAO

...............Hmmmmm "OK - I spent about 5 1/2 hours today reading this thread from start to finish.".... I will check with your boss to see how you get a 5 1/2 hour lunch on an 8 hour day!!!

Nice to be you.....LMAO

It's easy when he's on vacation in Turkey!!!

Archived