Anyone Interested in Late Jan/Early Feb 2012 CC Group Cruise to ARUBA on Miracle?

SheilaS

Hey Terry - thanks so much for your son's address - we should be shipping out boxes to him and his unit within the next couple of weeks!!

Miss you guys!!

Sue

He's due to be leaving there around June 15th...:)

Not laughing here Candle! I'm the same way :) If you can do it, I can too :)

OK - I spent about 5 1/2 hours today reading this thread from start to finish. I'd like to welcome all the new people joining us and say hey to all the Miracle Waiters and Freedom Rockers - I miss you all!!! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for being so late in posting, you'd think my hubby would have given me the link geeezzzzzz!!! Have no fear either, I know you have all been trying to make me less shy and I will try really hard this time to come out of my shell. Meeting new people and actually talking to them is very hard for me but I will give it my best shot.....

OK STOP LAUGHING NOW!!!

Hi All:)

Welcome Andrea and Dave. This seems to be ONE GREAT GROUP CRUISE!!!! We just did that same itinerary in December and it was the best cruise yet. Miracle is Definately our favorite ship of the six we've been on!! We loved St. Lucia. We did the Cosol tour and it was the VERY BEST Excursion yet.

As for inspiration, Here You go :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYVl6RnXFdc&feature=related

Hope You Enjoy.

BOB:D

Thanks for the link, love that song.

congrats,:) I am looking at 6245 for Ken & I, did you book through a PVP, I am booking Friday we like to pick our own cabin.

Joan:)

We found a TERRIFIC TA a couple years ago....she beats all the rates and is available just about 24/7....Just love her !:):):)

Terry

We found a TERRIFIC TA a couple years ago....she beats all the rates and is available just about 24/7....Just love her !:):):)

Terry

That is good sometimes they are hard to find, I have a great PVP,

That is good sometimes they are hard to find, I have a great PVP,

you're welcome joan. lol.;)

so why did you remove your avatar pic? because i was thinking of doing it too.

We're Booked !!!! :D:D:D

Cabin 6133

Terry

Are you part of the "group" if you don't book with Joann? New to CC group cruising and thought we had to wait until Shiela got the prices listed. Either way, congrads and look forward to meeting you in a little over 600 days.:D

How's everyone doing this fine day?!?

Way to go, Terry!! Official "Waiter"! :cool:

Hey Suzann!!! What a nice surprise!! I'm happy to hear you are going to try harder to not be so shy this cruise. :rolleyes::p

(Our friend Suzann doesn't have a shy bone in her body, but somewhere long ago, someone called her shy and it stuck. ;))

Questions....

I am going to attempt to answer the questions...if at any time, you feel I may be wrong...be sure to point it out so the correct answer can be confirmed.

Once we have pricing and pay our deposits, if there is a price-drop, will we be able to take advantage of it, if it is before final payment? Yes, if there is a group price drop, we can take advantage of it.

BTW, when is final payment for a group cruise? Before the usual 3 months? The final payment date will be on the pricing page. It is usually 2-3 weeks earlier than the usual. This gives Crucon time to process all the payments.

Are we able to book Early Saver with the group? Yes, you can book ES with the group, but please discuss it with Johna before booking. She will list the pros and cons for you. Also, once we get the forum set up so we can see the prices, I would like for us to discuss the pros and cons of it.

Can we book with our PVP and then transfer our booking to the group? Yes, and no....you can NOT transfer to the group with Early Saver, but you can transfer to the group with most other rates...PLEASE confirm with Johna which ones will transfer.

You know those $100 deposit things you can buy when you are already on a cruise? Well can those be applied to a group cruise and also can you still get the OBC as well as whatever is offered by the group? Yes and Yes....just mail the certificate to the address on the certificate after you receive your booking #... be sure to send it with delivery confirmation and tracking of some sort... Johna recommended that we don't send ours in until we get a little closer to the cruise.

Also one more ....tips....currently we just leave ours on and give a few $$extra as we see warranted. Does anything change with the tip structure on a group cruise? You know like in some restaurants if there are more people at the table the tip is automatic and set? When booking with a group, or individually, Tips are at your sole discretion.

Oh thought of another one, from what I understand the dep is for a GTY cabin and is non-refundable. If I want to pick my cabin I think the dep is higher but is it refundable? If you book with the group rates, (not ES), You can book with the $25/p/p reduced deposit for a GTY cabin category or pay the full deposit of $300 p/p and you can choose your cabin. Either way, if you cancel the cruise, there is a $50 cancellation fee. (Sometimes we pay the $25p/p deposit, then when we have saved up enough money for the full deposit, we call Johna and pick our cabins. You don't have to wait for GTY cabin if you don't want to.)

I don't have a cabin mate YET so when I book do I book as "me and a guest" or do I need to use one of my son's names? If I book as just me will I be able to change it to double occ when the lucky person is chosen? Carnival doesn't actually list "TBA"s anymore, so you can book as a solo at the single pricing (still at a reduced deposit of only $25, not $50) and then convert to a double when you know who will be going.

Did I leave out anything? Is it as clear as mud?

If anyone wants to call Johna, even though I haven't posted the prices, she said she is ready for us! :eek::cool:

You might want to email her at johnan@crucon.com to let her know you want to book with the January 29, 2012 Miracle CC Group (Rockin' Miracle Waiters), and give her a telephone number to call you...that usually works the best for me.

Sheila<-------Hoping we will get the link to our forum very soon!

PS---I never thought about it really, but someone, (anamanxs I think) mentioned emailing the prices...I guess that would be fine...I don't know why it wouldn't...so if you want to email me, I will try my best to get the prices out to you asap... sheila smithwick at aol dot com (remove all spaces, etc...)

How's everyone doing this fine day?!?

Way to go, Terry!! Official "Waiter"!

Hey Suzann!!! What a nice surprise!! I'm happy to hear you are going to try harder to not be so shy this cruise. :rolleyes::p

(Our friend Suzann doesn't have a shy bone in her body, but somewhere long ago, someone called her shy and it stuck. ;))

Questions....

I am going to attempt to answer the questions...if at any time, you feel I may be wrong...be sure to point it out so the correct answer can be confirmed.

Once we have pricing and pay our deposits, if there is a price-drop, will we be able to take advantage of it, if it is before final payment? Yes, if there is a group price drop, we can take advantage of it.

BTW, when is final payment for a group cruise? Before the usual 3 months? The final payment date will be on the pricing page. It is usually 2-3 weeks earlier than the usual. This gives Crucon time to process all the payments.

Are we able to book Early Saver with the group? Yes, you can book ES with the group, but please discuss it with Johna before booking. She will list the pros and cons for you. Also, once we get the forum set up so we can see the prices, I would like for us to discuss the pros and cons of it.

Can we book with our PVP and then transfer our booking to the group? Yes, and no....you can NOT transfer to the group with Early Saver, but you can transfer to the group with most other rates...PLEASE confirm with Johna which ones will transfer.

You know those $100 deposit things you can buy when you are already on a cruise? Well can those be applied to a group cruise and also can you still get the OBC as well as whatever is offered by the group? Yes and Yes....just mail the certificate to the address on the certificate after you receive your booking #... be sure to send it with delivery confirmation and tracking of some sort... Johna recommended that we don't send ours in until we get a little closer to the cruise.

Also one more ....tips....currently we just leave ours on and give a few $$extra as we see warranted. Does anything change with the tip structure on a group cruise? You know like in some restaurants if there are more people at the table the tip is automatic and set? When booking with a group, or individually, Tips are at your sole discretion.

Oh thought of another one, from what I understand the dep is for a GTY cabin and is non-refundable. If I want to pick my cabin I think the dep is higher but is it refundable? If you book with the group rates, (not ES), You can book with the $25/p/p reduced deposit for a GTY cabin category or pay the full deposit of $300 p/p and you can choose your cabin. Either way, if you cancel the cruise, there is a $50 cancellation fee. (Sometimes we pay the $25p/p deposit, then when we have saved up enough money for the full deposit, we call Johna and pick our cabins. You don't have to wait for GTY cabin if you don't want to.)

I don't have a cabin mate YET so when I book do I book as "me and a guest" or do I need to use one of my son's names? If I book as just me will I be able to change it to double occ when the lucky person is chosen? Carnival doesn't actually list "TBA"s anymore, so you can book as a solo at the single pricing (still at a reduced deposit of only $25, not $50) and then convert to a double when you know who will be going.

Did I leave out anything? Is it as clear as mud?

If anyone wants to call Johna, even though I haven't posted the prices, she said she is ready for us! :eek::cool:

You might want to email her at johnan@crucon.com to let her know you want to book with the January 29, 2012 Miracle CC Group (Rockin' Miracle Waiters), and give her a telephone number to call you...that usually works the best for me.

Sheila<-------Hoping we will get the link to our forum very soon!

PS---I never thought about it really, but someone, (anamanxs I think) mentioned emailing the prices...I guess that would be fine...I don't know why it wouldn't...so if you want to email me, I will try my best to get the prices out to you asap... sheila smithwick at aol dot com (remove all spaces, etc...)

one last question, can crimson tide fans be relegated to the engine room? GO GATORS!!;)

There seems to be quite a few people here that have never been on a group cruise...and even tho we are the friendliest of folks, I'm sure they are having a few reservations about how booking with a group will affect their vacation. The people, the activities, the rules???

Could some of you veteran "groupies" tell a little about your feelings and expectations in the time leading up to your first group cruise...and then the reality of it after you boarded the ship?

This kinda got buried so I thought I would dig it up and add my perspective.

Being part of a group is awesome. No matter where you go on the ship you are bound to run into a friendly face. You might just pass on the Lido deck and say HI or you maybe pull up a chair and have a DOD and chat. :) If you find yourself in the Legends show or the Hairy Chest Contest we will be there to cheer you on! If you follow a trail of feathers, you will find a Miracle Waiter! LOL

We will have a bunch of planned activities, things like a Meet and Greet, dinner the night before the cruise in Ft. Lauderdale, Celebrity Look-a-Like Contest and the famous Red Dress/Red Duds Night! I'm sure we will come up with more! But remember, no one is joined at the hip...that's another great part of the group, you can participate in as many or none of the planned activities as you want.

Last but not least, is all the planning and chatting and "cruise talk" that we share here on CC! That's one of my favorite parts about CC group cruises. I love keeping the cruise excitement going for months on end and I think most of the people that post do too. I know my family and friends can only take so much cruise talk but here I can talk and read all day about it! :p

I have to say, Tim and I really love the group cruise experience! For us it's all about seeing old friends, making new friends and having the time of our lives for 8 blissful days!

Hope y'all join us for this one...it's gonna be a doozy! :D

oh thought of another one, from what i understand the dep is for a gty cabin and is non-refundable. If i want to pick my cabin i think the dep is higher but is it refundable? if you book with the group rates, (not es), you can book with the $25/p/p reduced deposit for a gty cabin category or pay the full deposit of $300 p/p and you can choose your cabin. Either way, if you cancel the cruise, there is a $50 cancellation fee. (sometimes we pay the $25p/p deposit, then when we have saved up enough money for the full deposit, we call johna and pick our cabins. You don't have to wait for gty cabin if you don't want to.)

I just wanted to add to Sheila's answer....

We decided to cancel our reservation with an "official CC cruise" on the Spirit this past May 11. When trying to add our son, the ship was nearly full and our cost would have more than doubled. I called Johna and she gave me some great options. We still wanted to cruise Alaska and decided to wait until 2011. Since the 2011 Alaskan itineraries weren't release yet, she moved us to a different "Official CC group". When the 2011 Alaska itineraries were released, I called and she moved us to the desired cruise. As long as we booked through Crucon, we didn't loss any money. (Just thought that this might help those worried about the cancellation fee.....:o)

Almost forgot....GO FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES!! :p:D:p

I just wrote Johna so hopefully I will hear something tomorrow! Today was the day I picked for it happening, so I thought I might as well write her, maybe it will be bring me luck on the cruise! I am hoping she has all my info already.

See, I told u you Kathi was a NOLE!

The $25pp reduced deposit is for Gty. When cabins are assigned, will Carnival try to keep the group members in a block together or might we be scattered all over the ship?

Also, can my DH & I book with the reduced deposit, then if we decide DS is going, add him later and just pay the full deposit for the 3 of us? Any change fees other than cancellation with CruCon?

Archived