Anyone Interested in Late Jan/Early Feb 2012 CC Group Cruise to ARUBA on Miracle?

SheilaS

Well in Calgary we learn to expect just about anything weather-wise! There is a saying that goes "if you don't like the weather in Calgary, wait five minutes!" It's true. The weather can change drastically in a few short hours (or sometimes minutes!) Snow is usually gone by Victoria Day (May 18'ish) but it's never a guarantee and we've been known to have a snow storm or two sometimes in June. The nice thing is that it really doesn't "stick" at this time of year, so it's just moisture to make everything more green. It's a bit of a pain for our annuals though.

I say we gather our group at Senior Frogs at the end of our day in Aruba and have some fun before sail away at 10:00 pm!! Senior Frogs is right at the pier so it's an easy walk (run!) to get back on time.

Tracey

Lizzzzys...sorry about the snow! I also heard talk of hail?? What is going on up there? Is this typical weather for y'all? Thanks for the info on Aruba! I'm thinking this will probably be a beach stop for us but we like to explore our options.

I have sent Johna our information for our 2 rooms, me and hubby Jeff in balcony and my mom and our youngest daughter Hailee in an inside. Hope to hear back from her today or tomorrow to confirm we are all set and I will then add us to the booked list.

We cruise in a group each year but never with CC and never one this large. Seems like most of you already know each other so hope you have some room for us newbies...

Tried to get the group onboard but they only like RCCL so looks like it will be their loss!

Hope we get a thread soon, I do love to chat with others on out cruise and can't wait to go...this is a surprise for my husband and my daughter so I can't talk about it at home...

Looks like we do have a lot to cover as far as hotels, flights and excursions.

I did notice that Carlos and Charlies is no longer there, is that because of Natalie Halloway? I do love me my Senior Frogs, although I have been close to missing more than 1 ship hanging out there...:D

I say we gather our group at Senior Frogs at the end of our day in Aruba and have some fun before sail away at 10:00 pm!! Senior Frogs is right at the pier so it's an easy walk (run!) to get back on time.

Tracey

I forgot we are in Aruba so late...might have to miss dinner in the MDR that night! :eek:

Meet up at Senor Frogs sounds good to me! :D With enough of our group there someone should be able to keep track of time and get us all back to the ship before sailaway...I HOPE! :cool:

Meet up at Senor Frogs sounds good to me! :D With enough of our group there someone should be able to keep track of time and get us all back to the ship before sailaway...I HOPE! :cool:

And if not, maybe we can get a group rate on a little boat and take turns paddling to Curacao LOL!! :D

I have sent Johna our information for our 2 rooms, me and hubby Jeff in balcony and my mom and our youngest daughter Hailee in an inside. Hope to hear back from her today or tomorrow to confirm we are all set and I will then add us to the booked list.

We cruise in a group each year but never with CC and never one this large. Seems like most of you already know each other so hope you have some room for us newbies...

Tried to get the group onboard but they only like RCCL so looks like it will be their loss!

Hope we get a thread soon, I do love to chat with others on out cruise and can't wait to go...this is a surprise for my husband and my daughter so I can't talk about it at home...

Looks like we do have a lot to cover as far as hotels, flights and excursions.

I did notice that Carlos and Charlies is no longer there, is that because of Natalie Halloway? I do love me my Senior Frogs, although I have been close to missing more than 1 ship hanging out there...:D

Awesome! Happy to have you and your family in our little group! We always have room for more...our motto from the begining has been "The more the merrier" and we mean it! Sorry the rest of your group isn't interested...it will definitely be their loss! ;)

Not sure about Carlos and Charlies but I suppose that could have had something to do with it. We'll just have to head over to Senor Frogs instead!

Looking forward to chatting with you and getting to know you and all the other new Waiters...with a little over a year and a half we should be able to cover just about every topic out there!

And when does the crawl usually happen?

Ann

Usually on the last Sea Day. Last year it was pretty quiet event. Tea and crumpets were available in the cabins followed by a nice reception in the Atrium lounge

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.........

Usually on the last Sea Day. Last year it was pretty quiet event. Tea and crumpets were available in the cabins followed by a nice reception in the Atrium lounge

Don't think that is what I heard, but then also being new around here I may be misinformed!

Was that the Bailey or the Absolute Brand of Tea?

Sounds like the ideas are flowing rather nicely! I've been pulling a "Doug" here for the most part (Lurking) while I try to get caught up.

For anybody here who thinks they are a newbie and hope you fit in ....... If you think we seem like a good group based on our posts (Most seem to think so:eek:)..... You'll fit in just fine and you won't be looked at as a newbie. No big egos in this group.... Just one big happy family no matter if this is your first, second or third cruise with the group.

By the way, don't let Billfish fool you..... He's probably been in the sun too long fishing today....... The only tea he'll be drinking won't be with his pinky pointing out and it won't be available at the buffet line.:rolleyes:

Bill (One of the other Bill's)

I e-mailed Johnan today to try book this cruise I also phoned and just missed her. We will try again tommorow and book a 8B cabin This will be our 9th Carnival Cruise plus 2 others this will be our first balcony

Ok, it's the cruise virgin again, what exactly is a cabin crawl? Is like the pub crawl, tee hee..;)

Lisa

I don't want to give away too much yet...once we have our official forum I'll post the details! Suffice to say it is much more like a pub crawl than a tea and crumpet party as some here would have you believe! :p

Was that the Bailey or the Absolute Brand of Tea?

Um...yes! :D

We even joined in playing the Trivia game. . That didn't go too well

What do you mean?? We were winning it all the way! ;)

Here's a picture of Joann enjoying a spot o' tea ! LOL:p

I don't want to give away too much yet...once we have our official forum I'll post the details! Suffice to say it is much more like a pub crawl than a tea and crumpet party as some here would have you believe! :p

Sheila

Help me with this

I just can't remember exactly if we won or lost the Trivia Game

Sounds like the ideas are flowing rather nicely! I've been pulling a "Doug" here for the most part (Lurking) while I try to get caught up.

For anybody here who thinks they are a newbie and hope you fit in .....If you think we seem like a good group based on our posts (Most seem to think so:eek:)..... You'll fit in just fine and you won't be looked at as a newbie. No big egos in this group.... Just one big happy family no matter if this is your first, second or third cruise with the group.

Thanks for that buddy:). I'm watching.

While I spend most of my time L U R K I N G here on CC, you know I live on Facebook.

As far as the group thing goes, you said it perfect.

I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE...... I believe I will just have to wait, aghh the agony! :)

Lisa

I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE...... I believe I will just have to wait, aghh the agony! :)

Lisa

LOL!! That's okay, Lisa...it will be worth the "wait"! :D:D:D

Another busy day today here in ol' Alabam! Hope tomorrow is a little more laid back!

Hmmm...just came in from enjoying some margaritas out front with the neighbor for his birthday...I wonder...if people are bringing fans and things... I should have no problem sneaking my Margaritaville Frozen Concoction maker on the ship, ya think...??? Hmmm... we could be a host cabin for the crawl for sure with that!!!

Archived