I Need Help!! New Orleans!

citcatt1

I just made cruise and flight resevations but when I went to make hotel reservations all the hotels are full due to the Essence Music Festival that I didn't know was going on....not to mention the fourth of July! Now I don't know what to do!

Update...I got reservations for the 4th at Le Pavillon,but I'm still stuck for the third...the cruise leaves on the 5th. I've only been to New Orleans once and I don't know enough about the area. I'm thinking about staying close to the airport the first day :( because I can't find anything else! Any ideas?

It depends on what you want to do. If your flight gets in late then staying by the airport is fine. There is not much to do by the airport though. There is a mall about 2 miles away, but that it is. There may be some tours - like a plantation or swamp tour available through the hotel.

It is possible, too, that Le Pavillon may have a cancellation. LePavillon is in a good spot - on Poydras - which is not far from the ship. I have never stayed there, but I have been there for several meetings. It will be crowded downtown though. A lot of people go to the Quarter for 7/4 since there is a big fireworks show called "Go 4th on the River".

Check the New Orleans board under ports, too, for more info.

There are some very close cities such as Kenner and Metarie that might have hotels (they all kind of merge into NOLA). Also, if you couldn't find one there, the next closest cities are going to be LePlace and Slidell, which are not that far, but kind of expensive by taxi.

I just made cruise and flight resevations but when I went to make hotel reservations all the hotels are full due to the Essence Music Festival that I didn't know was going on....not to mention the fourth of July! Now I don't know what to do!

Update...I got reservations for the 4th at Le Pavillon,but I'm still stuck for the third...the cruise leaves on the 5th. I've only been to New Orleans once and I don't know enough about the area. I'm thinking about staying close to the airport the first day :( because I can't find anything else! Any ideas?

There are a few places open, mostly in the burbs... you might get online and look for a guesthouse? or a b&b

I thinki you would be better staying at a hotel in Metairie or Kenner, and cabbing it downtown to see the French Quarter.

There is a Sheraton 4 points in Veterans Blvd in Metairie. We had friends fly in from the UK right before Mardi Gras before we all went on the NCL Spirit.

Taking a cab downtown is about a 15 minute ride.

When we leave for cruises from New Orleans, We leave out automobile at home and just take a few cabs to the port.

Archived