I Need Help!

citcatt1

We booked a cruise that leaves on July 5th but when trying to make hotel reservations, I found out that the Essence Music Festival is going on at the same time and all the hotels are sold out! We arrive on July 3rd and I can't find a hotel....I did get the Le Pavillon for the 4th. I don't know the area of New Orleans, so I need help finding a hotel close enough to take a cab to the French Quarter to sight-see, but not so far away that a cab ride breaks the bank. Does anyone know how far the streetcars go? :confused: I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Do a Google search for:

New Orleans Garden District Hotels

These will be on or near the streetcar line, which will avoid cabs.

If that doesn't work, try

New Orleans Fauberg Marigny Hotels

This is an area just north of the French Quarter. There are not many of them, but they would be walking distance.

If you arrive July 3 at the airport in Kenner, just book a room in Kenner for the night then come in to New Orleans the next morning to your booked room there.

There are plenty of available rooms in Kenner at this time.

You can also try for a bed & breakfast, if you do a search there's a couple of vendors that service multiple B&B's. I liked the Royal Street Inn, just don't get the room above the bar if you want to sleep before 5:00am... :p

We booked a cruise that leaves on July 5th but when trying to make hotel reservations, I found out that the Essence Music Festival is going on at the same time and all the hotels are sold out! We arrive on July 3rd and I can't find a hotel....I did get the Le Pavillon for the 4th. I don't know the area of New Orleans, so I need help finding a hotel close enough to take a cab to the French Quarter to sight-see, but not so far away that a cab ride breaks the bank. Does anyone know how far the streetcars go? :confused: I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

It's only a short walk of six blocks to Bourbon Street from Le Pavillion. If you don't feel like walking you can get on the St. Charles Ave. Streetcar on the corner of Poydras and Carondelet which is one block from your hotel.

After a few hurricanes your taxi ride back won't break the bank.

Welcome to New Orleans.

Jorge

Archived