Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

CFL...This live thread has been wonderful. I think you were the one who started it and I think it has been enjoyed by everyone cruising on the Sun, past and present. We will stay with it till we cruise on the Sea Princess next year. We are really looking forward to that trip and yes... we will miss our mutt too. He goes to live with my son till our return but he gets his very own kitty to play with the whole time. Fortunately my son's cat and our dog love each other or it would be bad.

cruzzers,

Good for you on the animal situation.We always miss ours too much to be gone any longer than 10 days,14 days max.

I have enjoyed reading this thread daily and the people who have contributed have made it very enjoyable indeed! I may have started it but it's everyone's comments and input who has made it one of the most popular (if not THE most popular) threads on this board.

I hope we can hear from more who are sailing..."LIVE FROM THE SUN":D

Checking in .... it's great that this thread is still alive. It seems like so long ago when we were on the Sun and CFL started this thread. How I'd love to be back on board.....:)

For anyone sailing soon....have a MARVELOUS time! We're all thinking about you.

CFL & Anne,

Good to hear from you both! It does seem like soooo long ago that we were cruising together! I am really ready for another one.

To those coming up on a Sun cruise, you will love it!

Checking in .... it's great that this thread is still alive. It seems like so long ago when we were on the Sun and CFL started this thread. How I'd love to be back on board.....:)

For anyone sailing soon....have a MARVELOUS time! We're all thinking about you.

Hey Anne...nice to hear from you.Hope all is well.Yes it does seem like ages ago since we sailed but everytime someone posts "LIVE",it brings me right back on board!:D Sure would be great to be sitting at Princess Cays right about now,huh? Say hi to Andy for us and tell him I'll be thinking of him the next time I sip some Maker's Mark.;)

Hi all! This thread really has taken on a life of it's own, hasn't it ? I was just thinking the other day that the posts about the Sun have changed their tone. Back before our cruise everyone was worried how she stacked up against the other ships. Now it's more about what room they should book or if there is something available on the Sun, etc.

And Anne, no rush but don't forget about Hawaii info for me. I had rotator cuff surgery last week and I'm typing left handed right now and dreaming about being able bodied again in Hawaii !!!!

Hey palolake...

Sorry to hear about your medical difficulities,hope your recovering nicely.

Yes,we were all worried during the months leading up to our cruise because of all the negative things we were reading.There didn't seem to be anything positive about the Sun.We persisted by writing letters to Princess and as if by magic,things started getting better.As we got closer to our sailing date,the comments started getting better and better.

...and we all know how our cruise turned out...:D

I hope we can hear from someone sailing the Sun "Live" soon...

Just give me another week and I'll post live from the Sun! That is, if I can drag myself away from my irish coffee long enough to get to a computer. :D We have a good sized group on our roll call for the 3-night Vancouver round-trip on the 6th, so maybe a few of us will post.

Just give me another week and I'll post live from the Sun! That is, if I can drag myself away from my irish coffee long enough to get to a computer. :D We have a good sized group on our roll call for the 3-night Vancouver round-trip on the 6th, so maybe a

few of us will post.[/quote

Have a GREAT CRUISE!:D

I am enjoying reading your posts. My husband and I have booked the Sun Princess in Jan 06 to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I've been exhaustively searching the web for any and all tidbits about the Sun Princess. It's great to have contact with someone on board to fill us in on everything. Sorry for the rough sea days. Hope it improves. Keep the posts coming!:) Would love any and all info you can provide (i.e., recap of menus, types of activities on board, what we can miss, what we shouldn't miss, etc.).

Just give me another week and I'll post live from the Sun! That is, if I can drag myself away from my irish coffee long enough to get to a computer. :D We have a good sized group on our roll call for the 3-night Vancouver round-trip on the 6th, so maybe a few of us will post.

Think of it this way, all the while you're posting, you're making everyone on line EXTREMELY JEALOUS and hanging on your every word.

That'll give you some incentive...

ccrain,

Charles and Judy,

Thanks so much for the CC sign and the photo disc of the April 8th Sun cruise. Your photos were great! You both were a pleasure to travel with and perhaps our paths will cross again in a future cruise.

We are still going to post our a link to our vacation photo album but we haven't even had a chance to look at them yet...maybe this week we'll work on it.

Thanks again,

Richard and Debbie

I am enjoying reading your posts. My husband and I have booked the Sun Princess in Jan 06 to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I've been exhaustively searching the web for any and all tidbits about the Sun Princess. It's great to have contact with someone on board to fill us in on everything. Sorry for the rough sea days. Hope it improves. Keep the posts coming!:) Would love any and all info you can provide (i.e., recap of menus, types of activities on board, what we can miss, what we shouldn't miss, etc.).

1st cruise?

Cruiserforlife - Thanks for asking! It will be my first cruise in over 20 years and my husband's first. It took me that long to talk him into one (LOL). He was worried about being "trapped" on the ship. I told him it wasn't like that, but he wouldn't budge. Then his brother went on a cruise, loved it, so my husband decided he'd give it a try. I booked the Sun Princess for Jan 06 because of the ports of call. Didn't know anything about the ship or cruise line. After reading these posts, I think I totally lucked out! I'm constantly checking out the threads here on this web site and have bought a couple of books from Borders to read up on cruising. Don't laugh, but now that we've done the research, we are already starting to plan our next cruise (med or Hawaii). Any detailed info I get regarding the Sun and its activities would be wonderful!:D

bubbalu,

Tell hubby not to worry about a thing,he'll be completely relaxed by sailaway I predict.My wife was a seasoned cruiser when I met her (20+ cruises under her belt by age 25!) and she was worried I wouldn't like cruising.Well,her worrying obviously went unfounded.:p :p :p

You have made the right choice with the Sun.She is in fantastic shape for her age and as most will agree,it's the perfect size ship to enjoy a cruise.Add in the fact that the staff is excellent,the itineary is very engaging and you have all the ingredients for a perfect vacation.

These boards (and especially this thread) are an excellent source of information so don't be afraid to ask away.The guests on this thread know about everything there is to see and do aboard the Sun Princess.

Again,have a fantastic cruise and welcome aboard.

CFL

ccrain,

Charles and Judy,

Thanks so much for the CC sign and the photo disc of the April 8th Sun cruise. Your photos were great! You both were a pleasure to travel with and perhaps our paths will cross again in a future cruise.

We are still going to post our a link to our vacation photo album but we haven't even had a chance to look at them yet...maybe this week we'll work on it.

Thanks again,

Richard and Debbie

Judy felt really bad that she forgot your sign on the last cruise. Hope this makes up for it a little.

We are planning our 25th for next year. We will, hopefully, be doing B2B Alaska's. The schedule is supposed to be out soon and I want to catch the low price points as soon as I can. We're probably doing the Island or the Coral on a bumpout forward mini. I hear the view is spectacular, although we are really tempted to do a Sun mini - but the Sun and Dawn are rumored to be doing the Seattle inside passages next year with the Coral, Island, Sapphire and Diamond (2 Grand Classes!) doing the Whittier to Vancouver runs.

Another great CC group on an Alaskan cruise would be incredible - we'd invite you all to the renewal of vows ceremony!

GVRE, Since you are going on the first Sea Princess, 14 day Caribbean adventure of the season, maybe you could start a "Live from the Sea Princess" thread for all of us that will sail after you. This Sun thread has been wonderful and enjoyed by all so it would be a good idea to carry out the tradition that CFL started here, onto the Sea Princess. What do you think?

7_6_4.gif

cruzzers,

Didn't know we were the first 14 day caribbean Sea Princess cruise. We will have free internet access so we will post Live From the Sea. Hopefully some one will start a thread before November

GVRE, Since you are going on the first Sea Princess, 14 day Caribbean adventure of the season, maybe you could start a "Live from the Sea Princess" thread for all of us that will sail after you. This Sun thread has been wonderful and enjoyed by all so it would be a good idea to carry out the tradition that CFL started here, onto the Sea Princess. What do you think?

7_6_4.gif

Sun,Sea...what's the difference???

Just give us a couple more days, we'll be on the Sun on Friday for the 3-nighter! :) I'll drag DH to the computer room and we'll post to say hi. I'm going to subscribe to this thread so even if it falls a few pages down, we'll be able to find it to post over the weekend.

Archived