Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Well I am so glad that Coral has taken the time to update us, I am here packing today for our cruise on the Sun this Monday and I am hoping that Code Red does not reoccur for the 2 weeks we will be onboard.

See all the Sun cruisers very very soon:

Carol and Norm

We are here in Anchorage and will be on the Sun 5-30....cold and cloudy and rainy :( we pick up the RV in a couple hours

sorry about the rain, lets hope it clears up for you, and be careful with that RV. See you at the Riveria Bar on the 30th..

Carol

Well I am so glad that Coral has taken the time to update us, I am here packing today for our cruise on the Sun this Monday and I am hoping that Code Red does not reoccur for the 2 weeks we will be onboard.

See all the Sun cruisers very very soon:

Carol and Norm

Carol C,

Have a fantastic cruise and please keep us posted if you can.

CFL

Coral, You have made my day!!! We flew into Vancouver on Friday and board the Sun tomorrow. We didn't know what to expect after the virus on the ship last week. Really relieved to hear all is well. Thank you so much for posting!! This has been a great thread for us getting ready for our trip.

We're off to Alaska!!!

Coral, You have made my day!!! We flew into Vancouver on Friday and board the Sun tomorrow. We didn't know what to expect after the virus on the ship last week. Really relieved to hear all is well. Thank you so much for posting!! This has been a great thread for us getting ready for our trip.

We're off to Alaska!!!

We're on your ship too. We flew into Vancouver Saturday night and are just waiting to transport to the pier. Let's have a great time!

We're on your ship too. We flew into Vancouver Saturday night and are just waiting to transport to the pier. Let's have a great time!

Hope the waters are calm,the sun warm and the drinks cool this week for all Sun cruisers!;)

I wouldn't worry too much about the virus. It was reported during the sailing prior to ours back in January, and everything was fine on our cruise with no reported illnesses. I think they do a great job with cleaning and precautions. Besides, I think people forget this happens everywhere and for some reason we only hear about cruise ships. I work in a family practice clinic and these short-lived stomach viruses are very common. Not very pleasant and very contagious, but they occur frequently where you have large groups of people.

Have a great cruise. (Hi CFL!!)

Mary

Just got home sat evening from Sun princess cruise and land tour.

virus IS on this ship and it is a pain in the neck. They have to hand you everything, even a box of cereal and a banana. No salt & pepper on the table,butter, bread,or flowers at dinner.

A lot of people were sick and they made them stay in there cabin for 48 hours.

They blamed it on a passenger who came on board sick but we did not believe it. To all who are going to what they call a lodge. copper river is a lodge and is great. Denali is not a lodge. It is scattered all over a lot of ground. you have to walk most of the time. The little carts are always somewhere else. Most of the people there don,t have an answer for things. the answer is I don,t know. It is not just me. We had a bus of 44 or

45 and we all felt the same way. a lot of them are not to complimentary in the evaluation report. I'm sure you will see more of this on the board.

Threads

I wouldn't worry too much about the virus. It was reported during the sailing prior to ours back in January, and everything was fine on our cruise with no reported illnesses. I think they do a great job with cleaning and precautions. Besides, I think people forget this happens everywhere and for some reason we only hear about cruise ships. I work in a family practice clinic and these short-lived stomach viruses are very common. Not very pleasant and very contagious, but they occur frequently where you have large groups of people.

Have a great cruise. (Hi CFL!!)

Mary

You tell 'em Mary! There really isn't anything to worry about...plus,I'd certainly be willing to take the risk versus being here at my desk.;)

I was watching on the Vancouver harbor webcam last night and the Sun didn't leave on time. It was at least 2 hours late leaving. I gave up watching after that. Does anyone know what the delay was about?

Maybe someone tipped off Princess that there were some serious drinkers on board so they were delayed because they were taking on extra booze...:rolleyes:

Everyone on board must be too busy enjoying the cruise to post anything

CFL, no cruises planned until next spring, probably the Mexican Pacific coast.

Taking a non-cruise vacation this summer.

The 7 day itins to Ak are pretty hectic versus the 10 day caribs. A lot of 1st timers on the Ak cruises as well.

CC has yet to post any member reviews on the sun since January. They must have a heck of a backlog.

Might also be having more problems with the internet...Coral reported last week that the 'net hasn't been working properly since the Sun left the Caribbean.

Hope everyone is sailing smoothly...

dutrie,

No cruises for us for a bit,still getting settled into the new home...and spending money like it's going out of style!:o

Hi Mary, David and John (and all Sun cruisers).....just got notice we'll receive our cruise docs tomorrow for our Baltics. Wish you were all sailing with us. Seems like the Sun was just yesterday in some respects....in others, it seems like years ago. Hope we can cruise together again sometime!

Have a fun and safe holiday weekend. :)

Hi Mary, David and John (and all Sun cruisers).....just got notice we'll receive our cruise docs tomorrow for our Baltics. Wish you were all sailing with us. Seems like the Sun was just yesterday in some respects....in others, it seems like years ago. Hope we can cruise together again sometime!

Have a fun and safe holiday weekend. :)

Anne,

WOW:D ,good for you and Andy!When are you going and for how long?Which ship?Have you been there before?

I'm extremely jealous!:rolleyes:

Have a great weekend and say hi to Andy for us,

John & Raina

We are in Alaska near Denali and hope to get on board Monday the 30th...We are having great weather.....it has been hectic, all the driving, but we cannot wait to relax on the ship!!

We are in Alaska near Denali and hope to get on board Monday the 30th...We are having great weather.....it has been hectic, all the driving, but we cannot wait to relax on the ship!!

WASUP,

Keep up the great spirit,you've only got a little more to go and the total relaxation will be soooo worth it...

Archived