straightners

Injust thought iI would say that I ruined my GHDS on Spirit, (don,t know if your ship will have same problem), the plug sockets were set low and I had to force my plug into my adapter,this ruined my staightners and when I got home I found they had a dual plug anyway. I am off on Weds onboard Spirit armed with new GHDS and the instuctions. Hey Ho!

Injust thought iI would say that I ruined my GHDS on Spirit, (don,t know if your ship will have same problem), the plug sockets were set low and I had to force my plug into my adapter,this ruined my staightners and when I got home I found they had a dual plug anyway. I am off on Weds onboard Spirit armed with new GHDS and the instuctions. Hey Ho!

Hi take the 4 socket extension from home with you. This will give you a chance to plug it in to a proper UK 3 pin socket and charge up all your stuff like camera, mobile etc.

Berwyn

Hi take the 4 socket extension from home with you. This will give you a chance to plug it in to a proper UK 3 pin socket and charge up all your stuff like camera, mobile etc.

Berwyn

what a fantastic tip Berwyn, I would never have thought of this ... thank you! :)

Hi Cruisin Linda

DH needs his cuppa first thing.

We used to sneak a kettle but are now taking a 1.2ltr thermos flask and fill with hot water last thing at night (gives at least 4 decent sized mugs) May also fill after brekkie and have in cabin after siesta later in day).;)

The flask I refer to is the silver one like the insulated mugs. I actually filled it with hot water one evening and left it for 10 hours. The water was still as hot as when it had been filled. The secret is to fill to the top, if not it will lose heat.

No need for tea/milk/sugar as they are already on the ship in individual sachets, plus mugs as well.

:):)

So how can you use a socket extension with FOUR sockets and I can't use my kettle in ONE socket:confused::confused:

(Sorry to harp on about the kettle, but I MUST have a cuppa as soon as I wake up:o:))

Linda

Morning Linda,

It's 8.30 a.m. an I've just finished a 12 hour night shift and you still want me to use my brain :D

Done the last one THE HOLIDAY STARTS HERE :D

Basically you get one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9823051/Trail/searchtext%3EEXTENSION+LEAD.htm

and plug it into one of these

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9822849/Trail/searchtext%3ETRAVEL+ADAPTORS.htm

Hey Presto!! 4 for the price of one.

Apart from that it's the power of the kettle it's very high wattage while a phone / camera charger is only about same output as 4 AA batteries.

OR you book a cabin on deck9 and just pop along the corridor to the 24 hour restaurant. That's if you've got the big bucks.

Berwyn

119-9821383A70UC496302X.jpg.4fc64eb5394cbf4ceb7452275b5833de.jpg

119-9822849SPA73UC619184X.jpg.d5007e803feb26cfbd288ea1fbd04b48.jpg

Apart from that it's the power of the kettle it's very high wattage while a phone / camera charger is only about same output as 4 AA batteries.

Berwyn

PS our kettle at home is more powerful than 2 bar electric fire. Even our travel one is 1kw.

If one boiled dry and the cut

off failed and it was unsupervised you can imagine the results.

And more importantly if we had to abandon ship I can't swim. :eek:

I don't fancy bobbing about on the beautiful briny sea like a Terrys Chocolate Orange in one of those Tango coloured life jackets. :D

Berwyn

Hi Cruisin Linda

DH needs his cuppa first thing.

We used to sneak a kettle but are now taking a 1.2ltr thermos flask and fill with hot water last thing at night (gives at least 4 decent sized mugs) May also fill after brekkie and have in cabin after siesta later in day).;)

The flask I refer to is the silver one like the insulated mugs. I actually filled it with hot water one evening and left it for 10 hours. The water was still as hot as when it had been filled. The secret is to fill to the top, if not it will lose heat.

No need for tea/milk/sugar as they are already on the ship in individual sachets, plus mugs as well.

:):)

Thanks, I do have one of those flasks, think it is smaller than that, but could buy another. I bought insulated cups recommended by Berwyn, tried them out at football, but they leaked and went cold very quickly, so daughter has taken them to car boot sale today (Sorry Berwyn:D)

Just phoned & she has sold them :)

Do they have sachets of coffee or is the coffee in pots? OH only like coffee and not tea - odd person!!

Linda

PS our kettle at home is more powerful than 2 bar electric fire. Even our travel one is 1kw.

If one boiled dry and the cut

off failed and it was unsupervised you can imagine the results.

And more importantly if we had to abandon ship I can't swim. :eek:

I don't fancy bobbing about on the beautiful briny sea like a Terrys Chocolate Orange in one of those Tango coloured life jackets. :D

Berwyn

OK I will take a flask:):) I can't swim either:(

I bought insulated cups recommended by Berwyn, tried them out at football, but they leaked and went cold very quickly, so daughter has taken them to car boot sale today (Sorry Berwyn:D)

Linda

I can't swim either:(

HI Linda,

I don't need them to keep tea hot, not longer than to get from restaurant to cabin. Then down the hatch :D

I saw the ones with push on lids like you had last week.

They've changed the design from ours.

NO problem not swimming, I like my water boiling hot in the bath, not freezing in the pool

Berwyn

Hi Cruisin Linda

Vaguely remember coffee sachets on Thomson's ships but can't remember which ones - perhaps someone else will be able to confirm. What about Berwyn? he may know!:D

On Celebration recently I think it was Nescafe Decaff in the sachets.

sorry, missed your post mtt - sorry for the duplication.

Archived