Is it worth it to upgrade to all inclusive

what are the prices of drinks and bottles of water[/quote

Hi and welcome to the site.

In many people's opinion the All Inclusive is not worth the full price Thomson charge for it.

You can get it free or at a lower price as an early booking incentive.

To drink enough to justify the full price cost you'd need to be drinking nearly all day every day. And as you're off the ship most days on excursions you can't drink Your share.

We've had free A.I. and we never got near the cost of the full price if we'd have had to pay for the drinks. And we didn't go thirsty.

The average price of drinks is Stella £2.90. Cocktails £3.20 . They are not much different from UK pub prices. (depending where you live).

We can find full price lists if you need them.

You can have tea,coffee and iced water 24 hours a day in the buffet.

Water is drinkable.

The bottled water aboard is expensive and it's much cheaper to buy a few bottles in a shop ashore.

Berwyn

For the cruise were going on it would have been an extra £580 for the AI ,Im not a heavey drinker and neither are my parents .It would mean speaning all holiday trying to get our moneys worth by drinking as much as possible ,if you can get it free or at a lower price maybe .

For the cruise were going on it would have been an extra £580 for the AI ,Im not a heavey drinker and neither are my parents .It would mean speaning all holiday trying to get our moneys worth by drinking as much as possible ,if you can get it free or at a lower price maybe .

Hi Kev,

You all ready for Tuesday? :D

I added it up on the 1st cruise and I thing we only darnk about £100 worth and I'm sure we drank less this last time because the boys were with us.

Berwyn

Hi Kev,

You all ready for Tuesday? :D

I added it up on the 1st cruise and I thing we only darnk about £100 worth and I'm sure we drank less this last time because the boys were with us.

Berwyn

yeah as ready as we can ,got some last mintues clothes. We decided to do the formal night after all . I Think i'll let them pay for the drinks after all i paid for the cruise .How about you are you ready?

yeah as ready as we can ,got some last mintues clothes. We decided to do the formal night after all . I Think i'll let them pay for the drinks after all i paid for the cruise .How about you are you ready?

Yes,

I finish work in the the morning, then can start packing.

We're doing formal night too. DW got this lovely dress so I'll have to take the dark suit.

She's just come back from town with more slacks from M & S :eek:

Berwyn

we had the 'free a i upgrade' so thought great as we booked early last year, but it is quite a con . as booking the same holiday later and adding the all inc on at 759 whole party still worked out cheaper than i originally paid, would have saved about 400 pounds, but if you like to book early thats the chance you take. by not adding on the all in i would have saved about 1100 pounds and i dont think our bar bill for two of us would be 759 ,so free all in? a bit of a con really to get you to book early x

we had the 'free a i upgrade' so thought great as we booked early last year, but it is quite a con . as booking the same holiday later and adding the all inc on at 759 whole party still worked out cheaper than i originally paid, would have saved about 400 pounds, but if you like to book early thats the chance you take. by not adding on the all in i would have saved about 1100 pounds and i dont think our bar bill for two of us would be 759 ,so free all in? a bit of a con really to get you to book early x

Hi Jamesy,

I 'd worked that out too.

It 's only really worth booking early if you want a specific cabin.

But DW usually does so we tend to book early.

But i did notice with our cruise that they weren't really dropping prices last minute as fast as normal

Berwyn

i like to know im going or else we dont save lol x so have to take the risk of booking early, gives me and the hubby something to look forward to whilst were woking hard lol x

Just realised you are off just after we get back. Not long now :eek::D

Nervous excitement!!

Have a Happy Anniversary

10.gif

Berwyn

It is true to say that on some cruises/sailings/departure points prices can come down to real bargain basement level just before departure - but leaving it to the last minute is a risk. The date you want, preferred airport, cabin location etc. may not be available or may even be more expensive. It's really hard to call.

The trip we're doing soon is currently £10 each cheaper than when we booked a year ago - but there is no AI included so unless it plummets in the next week or so, it was better booking early. Once, we booked from Gatwick because from our local airport it was £230 each more - same dates, same cabin etc. It all depends on supply and demand - if it's a popular itinerary, peak time, or your local airport is popular, then prices will stay high. If they have spare capacity, they will sell off cheaply at the end and prices will vary from airport to airport depending on which flights still have plenty of spare seats.

Our problem is we don't know how close to being full the ship/plane is so we can't predict whether prices will stay up or drop down significantly. I think it's best to just decide what you feel you're prepared to pay, book when the price is right for you taking into account any 'perks' like AI, free parking/subsidised transport etc. - then try to forget it. (Except to save up for it of course! :eek: ) Otherwise it can spoil your holiday. If you can wait, are able to go at short notice and are flexible with dates and won't be upset if you can't get on the cruise of your choice then it may be worth waiting until close to departure to book. But if you have set holiday times, sadly, this isn't an option.

It's really a case of market forces - but we (the customers) don't know which way they are acting!! :confused:

It is true to say that on some cruises/sailings/departure points prices can come down to real bargain basement level just before departure - but leaving it to the last minute is a risk. The date you want, preferred airport, cabin location etc. may not be available or may even be more expensive. It's really hard to call.

The trip we're doing soon is currently £10 each cheaper than when we booked a year ago - but there is no AI included so unless it plummets in the next week or so, it was better booking early. Once, we booked from Gatwick because from our local airport it was £230 each more - same dates, same cabin etc. It all depends on supply and demand - if it's a popular itinerary, peak time, or your local airport is popular, then prices will stay high. If they have spare capacity, they will sell off cheaply at the end and prices will vary from airport to airport depending on which flights still have plenty of spare seats.

Our problem is we don't know how close to being full the ship/plane is so we can't predict whether prices will stay up or drop down significantly. I think it's best to just decide what you feel you're prepared to pay, book when the price is right for you taking into account any 'perks' like AI, free parking/subsidised transport etc. - then try to forget it. (Except to save up for it of course! :eek: ) Otherwise it can spoil your holiday. If you can wait, are able to go at short notice and are flexible with dates and won't be upset if you can't get on the cruise of your choice then it may be worth waiting until close to departure to book. But if you have set holiday times, sadly, this isn't an option.

It's really a case of market forces - but we (the customers) don't know which way they are acting!! :confused:

I passed a TA -First Choice- today advertising the Dream as a "NEW 5* ship " and we all know she is only new to the Thomsons fleet and in need of a refurb' according to earlier posts it's really a case of market forces - but we (the customers) don't know which way they are acting!! rolleyes:

thanks berwyn yes were really looking forward to our first cruise, bit csared earlier this week ! packed and redy to go x

What already !! We haven't started packing yet and off to airport hotel tomorrow afternoon :eek:

You're not the only one a bit scared

DW was in tears the other night and no way was she going in a plane in case the ash built up in the engines by the time they'd done several flights all this week. She was ready to cancel :eek:

Berwyn

yes lol x both on lates this week so wouldnt have time, could do with weighing them though mine feels a bit heavy ! i understand your wife i really would not liked to have been on the first few planes x

Archived