Day resort in Vallarta- tried "ports of call" board, no luck! Help!

Sheebah

Hi All,

Not finding the info I need in the Ports of call area, so I thought i'd ask what resorts you've visited for the day in Vallarta, all inclusive or not, and how much to expect to spend?

I've heard Dreams is nice but the price is a little high for us because we're doing a pricey tour in Mazatlan

Any nice places with pools that would be somewhat toddler friendly and offer great food for the day?

Much thanks!

The Krystal Resort (I think it's actually the NH Krystal) is a short stroll from the ship. Head out of the dock area, turn right and it's a few blocks down. Our CD Richard Joseph recommended it this past December and it was great. The beach is lovely....we rented jet skis and the pool area is also nice, with several interconnecting pools. There is a swim up bar where we got drinks and snacks. there was also a covered area with a buffet, but didn't try the buffet. The pools and beach are lovely and very convenient to where the ship docks. There were quite a few fellow Sapphire cruisers there the day we spent there. It was a nice, relaxing day!

Forgot to mention price! I don't remember exactly what we spent, but it was quite reasonable for the day at the resort. For our family, I think it was under $80 for the day, with some beer for us and mocktails for the kids and an order of nachos. I do remember we spent about $40-45 per half hour for a jet ski right in front of the resort. There were several vendors who had jet skis and several who were offering parasailing, also right in front of the resort if either of those appeal to you. Parasailing scares me to death; we stuck to swimming and jet skiing. The ocean temp was warm, I was a bit concerned that December might be too chilly in the Pacific, but the water temp was actually great. You can see the Sapphire docked from the resort's beach, too. One negative was lots of vendors on the beach, which is annoying, but that seems par for the course in Mexico.

Forgot to mention price! I don't remember exactly what we spent, but it was quite reasonable for the day at the resort. For our family, I think it was under $80 for the day, with some beer for us and mocktails for the kids and an order of nachos. I do remember we spent about $40-45 per half hour for a jet ski right in front of the resort. There were several vendors who had jet skis and several who were offering parasailing, also right in front of the resort if either of those appeal to you. Parasailing scares me to death; we stuck to swimming and jet skiing. The ocean temp was warm, I was a bit concerned that December might be too chilly in the Pacific, but the water temp was actually great. You can see the Sapphire docked from the resort's beach, too. One negative was lots of vendors on the beach, which is annoying, but that seems par for the course in Mexico.

Genevieve,

Thank you so very much for this detail. Did they charge a day fee or was the approx 80 you spent total for food, drink and jet skis all purchased separately? Thanks much!!! I think this is what we're going to do. Is this the place with all the palm trees that you can see from the ship?

Archived