Dream - Internet

Thanks for the quick info, In a way I am pleased,means both of us cant check stuff from work !!!!!

just have a lot to do when get back.

Blimey not even gone yet and still thinking about work whilst away and when return !!

Steve (just had a danish pastry, whoops, off to the gym later !!)

Thanks for the quick info, In a way I am pleased,means both of us cant check stuff from work !!!!!

just have a lot to do when get back.

Blimey not even gone yet and still thinking about work whilst away and when return !!

Steve (just had a danish pastry, whoops, off to the gym later !!)

Pleasure,

No, no thinking of work it's forbidden :D

Gald you mentioned the Danish Pastry, got one in cupboard and it's time for elevenses :D

Berwyn

ah oh didnt think to check this one before booking:( I absolutly need to check my mail daily I just presumed there would be internet available on board for anyone who needed it, oh well I will need to phone home daily and get my daughter to answer mail for me. she wont be amuzed LOL. I have no idea how to take a net book and conect to internet I remember the hassle my daughter had when she went to Uni trying to get her laptop to tune into the uni WIFI I would not have a clue :rolleyes:

. I have no idea how to take a net book and conect to internet I remember the hassle my daughter had when she went to Uni trying to get her laptop to tune into the uni WIFI I would not have a clue :rolleyes:

Hi,

It will be an adventure into the unkown for us with the netbook, we've not tried to connect outside the house.

We'll see how it goes.

Berwyn

Is there not an internet cafe lounge onboard :confused:

mrs.c

Hi Mrs.c.

Yes, but he was asking about WIFi.

I'm taking the netbook this time and was going to use it to play music, store pics etc. And if got the chance WiFi ashore to keep check on son at home in hospital.

Berwyn

I know that Steve was asking about wifi , but alli would still be able to check her emails everyday through the normal computers ,although you can run up a bill, because if they are like all the other ships then they will be so slow :(

we are also taking the netbook with us good for watching dvd.s and music and as you say storing pics when card is full

mrs.c

I know that Steve was asking about wifi , but alli would still be able to check her emails everyday through the normal computers ,although you can run up a bill, because if they are like all the other ships then they will be so slow :(

mrs.c

HI Mrs.c.,

I bet it'll be the same slow speed on the ship.

Not a good holiday having to check emails daily :(

Hoilday's started now with some nice red South American Merlot :D

Not thinking about work till 6th May.

Berwyn

HI Mrs.c.,

I:(

Hoilday's started now with some nice red South American Merlot :D

Not thinking about work till 6th May.

Berwyn

Cheers ,,,,, and I hope that it goes down a treat :D

so are you all packed and raring to go ,cannot believe that you go on tues :eek:

mrs.c

Nor can I. has he spoken about it all :D

Cheers ,,,,, and I hope that it goes down a treat :D

so are you all packed and raring to go ,cannot believe that you go on tues :eek:

Hi Both,

I Know,

It seemed to take forever to get here and now it's rushed up all of a sudden.

All Packed apart from a few bits in the hand luggage.

You get a heck of a lot in for 23 kg and we're nowhere near the limit.

It's not so much the weight of stuff, it's the space they take up.

Berwyn

You get a heck of a lot in for 23 kg and we're nowhere near the limit.

It's not so much the weight of stuff, it's the space they take up.

Blimey I can never get all I want to take into my case:(

Is your son in hospital then, I thought you said his tests were OK:confused:

Linda

Blimey I can never get all I want to take into my case:(

Is your son in hospital then, I thought you said his tests were OK:confused:

Linda

Hi Linda,

He had a flare up of the Colitis after the examination. Think the scope going up aggrivated it. They're giving him steroids by drip.

Know what you mean about getting it all in. It's the size of the cases that seem to be the problem :D Weight is OK.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn,

Hope your son is soon better.

We have a daughter with alcohol problems. She has been ill so many times either before or during previous holidays. Last time we went away in January, she was taken to hospital 5 days before we were due to go and the doctor was surprised that she survived the night. I'm sure, as a nurse, you are familiar with these things. I hope she has learnt her lesson, but her liver is now damaged. So, what with that and the snow, we didn't know if we would go ,but the doctor told us to go and it was a wonderful holiday (Caribbean-highly recommended)

So we are used to crisises before we go away, but we never thought we might be scuppered by a volcano:eek:

Anyway, if we are not in contact again before you go, have a great time and send us lots of photos :)

Linda

Hi Berwyn,

Hope your son is soon better.

We have a daughter with alcohol problems. She has been ill so many times either before or during previous holidays. Last time we went away in January, she was taken to hospital 5 days before we were due to go and the doctor was surprised that she survived the night. I'm sure, as a nurse, you are familiar with these things. I hope she has learnt her lesson, but her liver is now damaged. So, what with that and the snow, we didn't know if we would go ,but the doctor told us to go and it was a wonderful holiday (Caribbean-highly recommended)

So we are used to crisises before we go away, but we never thought we might be scuppered by a volcano:eek:

Anyway, if we are not in contact again before you go, have a great time and send us lots of photos :)

Linda

Hi Linda,

Thanks, he was a bit better this evening, the treatment seems to be kicking in.

Sorry to hear about your daughter, the way the eldest knocks back the Stella I wouldn't be surprised if he has probs later.

I think we're all sorted now, packing done.

You have a good time too as you'll follow us straight after.

Pity you won't get to see the pics before you go. Perhaps this weeks lot will get some up for you to see.

Berwyn

Hi Linda,

Thanks, he was a bit better this evening, the treatment seems to be kicking in.

Sorry to hear about your daughter, the way the eldest knocks back the Stella I wouldn't be surprised if he has probs later.

I think we're all sorted now, packing done.

You have a good time too as you'll follow us straight after.

Pity you won't get to see the pics before you go. Perhaps this weeks lot will get some up for you to see.

Berwyn

Berwyn

have a great time - your review is eagerly anticipated and likewise photos and thanks for volunteering to walk the corridors when the ship is sailing !

Gareth

Berwyn

have a great time - your review is eagerly anticipated and likewise photos and thanks for volunteering to walk the corridors when the ship is sailing !

Gareth

Thanks Gareth,

Ready to go at last. Seems to have taken forever to get here.

Berwyn

Oh good slow or not at least I can still check, sad I know but important, if it wasnt for my self employed job I would`nt be able to afford to holiday so needs must dont want to come home to no work and have to build up my customer base all over again LOL. I will have to budget for extra to pay internet bill, any idea`s how much it will be only need 10 mins or so a day :cool:

Archived