Advice on Aurora & Oriana Suites

rjms74

Hello,

I usually sail on Arcadia & always book an Aft AD grade suite. I am now looking to book cruises on both Aurora & Oriana in 2011 and would be very grateful on any advice and comments on the choice of suites or mini-suites on both ships.

I realise of course these are more traditional and older ships but wondered how the suites compared and also how the ships compare?

I also travel regularly on Cunard in suite grade & loved the QE2 on which I sailed many times & really look forward to trying the above two ships.

If anyone has any photos of suites on both ships these would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards & many thanks in advance,

Richard

I can only speak for Oriana, but the mini-suites there are extremely well appointed and comfortable. The larger suites obviously have more room and a (slightly) seperate bedroom and are also very pleasant. The latter share a butler with other suites, whereas the mini-suite has no butler. Several of the "suite-owners" told me that they would happily have done without the butler, particularly as they also had a cabin steward! Both types of suite benefit from having priority disembarkation at tender ports, plus invitations to more cocktail parties!

I am sure that you will enjoy the atmosphere on either ship.

we have had a suite and mini suite on Oriana, and as you have probably seen from deck plans they are all mid ship. They were alright, but Oriana is an older ship, and i have to be honest we much prefered the suites and the balconys on the Oceana, at the aft of the ship. We had C746, - 3 times, we liked it so much. Also we found having a suite on the side, meant that we only had sun for part of the day, whereas at the aft of the ship, we had sun for most of the day.

i wish i had some photos to share, but we were on Oriana in 2003 last, so didn,t have digital photos then.

The suite had 2 loos compared to the mini suite, and bedroom could be closed off, and slightly larger balcony.

This year we had a suite on the Ventura, and i still prefer the Oceana suites !!

As the Arcadia has aft suites we were wondering whether to try them, they look like they have much larger Balconys?? so perhaps you could let me have your opinion for them,....

have never been on the Aurora, although the penthouse suite does look nice, but i am worried now, that we would also find that ship a bit dated.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hello,

I usually sail on Arcadia & always book an Aft AD grade suite. I am now looking to book cruises on both Aurora & Oriana in 2011 and would be very grateful on any advice and comments on the choice of suites or mini-suites on both ships.

I realise of course these are more traditional and older ships but wondered how the suites compared and also how the ships compare?

I also travel regularly on Cunard in suite grade & loved the QE2 on which I sailed many times & really look forward to trying the above two ships.

If anyone has any photos of suites on both ships these would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards & many thanks in advance,

Richard

Richard

We are in a suite on Aurora soon (upgraded from a mini-suite, so I still won't know what a mini-suite looks like 'in the flesh';))

We are only onboard for a couple of days, when the emphasis will be on fun:D, but hopefully I'll have a load of photos at the end as well

Karen

Hi everyone,

many thanks for all your help & info so far.

Karen - did you book your mini-suite on a guarantee basis or did you have a specific cabin number before you were upgraded? Would love to see some of your photos on your return - what number suite have you been allocated? We have booked B222 for a cruise next summer on Aurora - cannot wait to try the ship.

Kind Regards,

Richard

Hi everyone,

many thanks for all your help & info so far.

Karen - did you book your mini-suite on a guarantee basis or did you have a specific cabin number before you were upgraded? Would love to see some of your photos on your return - what number suite have you been allocated? We have booked B222 for a cruise next summer on Aurora - cannot wait to try the ship.

Kind Regards,

Richard

Richard

we actually booked a specific cabin - in fact the last mini-suite available at the time (B256 I think, or was it B265 ? - anyway, the last one on the starboard side :) ) - we've been moved to B226 - the Sunda Suite.

We did book hours before the end of one of their sales & I'm not convinced the prices didn't go down again for the next sale:mad:, so perhaps that is why the upgrade :D

I'm sure you will love the ship - My other half was a die hard QE2 Grills fan but is very fond of Aurora - especially the way the staff upheld the dress code in certain rooms (Andersons for example).

Karen

Archived