Budget Car Rental LAX/Long Beach

SD_31

:confused: Hey folks,

We have pretty well decided on Renting a car at LAX and dropping it off at the closest drop off near San Pedro (taking the NCL STAR)

Has anyone else used BUDGET rent a car company, dropped off their car at the Long Beach office ? The big question is, do they give you a free transfer to the pier 12miles away to San Pedro where the NCL STAR is docked?

As well, did you pre-arrange for them to pick you up at the pier for another car rental in Long Beach to drive back to LAX ?

Hope someone can help

WE are renting a car from Enterprise at Lax and returning it to San Pedro. They said they will then shuttle us to the ship for free. It is right across the street from the pier I believe. They tried to charge a drop off fee of $25 for taking it someplace different from where we pick it up. But, I was able to talk them out of it and had it written in my contract that they would not charge the fee. If you call the San Pedro office for Enterprise, they would probably pick you up at the pier. They do close at noon on Sat. though. Do not know when you are coming in. I also got a cheaper rate from Enterprise than either Hertz or Budget.

Linda

Hey Linda

Thanks

I called them and they wont budge on dropping the $25 drop fee. Please, enlighten me, how did you do that and on the return from San Pedro to LAX the drop fee is $40, eeeeeeek. Please, please, any tips on negotioating with the nice people at Enterprise ?

Did you call the Lax enterprise direct? That is what I did. It guess it is all who you talk to. Did you tell them you were going on a cruise? If they try to talk me into paying the $25 I guess I will either pay it, or use the Hertz car I have in reserve.I think it would cost about $20 for a cab from Long Beach to San Pedro, that is what I read. But, I was told it was on my contract that the fee was dropped. I did not try to rent a car at enterprise for the ride back to Lax. I figured I would call and reserve a shuttle or maybe a cab.

Good Luck!

let me know what happens with your reservation.

Linda

We are cruising 2/9 on the Norwegian Star and have our hotel & rental car all set in Los Angeles.

I called Budget and got a car at the airport and we will drop it off in San Pedro, there is a $25 drop charge however, they do shuttle you to the ship/pier free of charge.

I hope you can work it all out - - enjoy your cruise!

We are cruising 2/9 on the Norwegian Star and have our hotel & rental car all set in Los Angeles.

I called Budget and got a car at the airport and we will drop it off in San Pedro, there is a $25 drop charge however, they do shuttle you to the ship/pier free of charge.

I hope you can work it all out - - enjoy your cruise!

When I talked to the lady for our summer cruise the lady at the Long Beach location said there was not shuttle to the ship that they would call a taxi...but they would pick you up and return you to budget. Anyone have any first hand experience with Budget?

I just spoke with Budget for our 3/19 end-of-cruise car needs, and they said there was no shuttle or anything. However, Enterprise, which had the better prices anyhow, has a shuttle service...very close to the cruise terminal. They are charging us $25 to return the car to the Long Beach airport--I didn't try to argue out of it, but for us, it is cheaper to pay the fee than to pay a shuttle to take us to our hotel and then another shuttle to take us to the airport the following day. Plus, we'll have our own transportation if we decide to hit Disneyland or Universal Studios. PS--you have to call the Enterprise San Pedro office directly for a one-way rental. Steve is very nice and knowledgable.

Hi everyone.

I was confused with all the information on here:confused: so i called the location directly(562-495-4316) spoke with Joan who advised me they will NOT shuttle you to the pier after dropping off the vehicle, they will call you a cab(your expense appx 15.00 according to her for 5 passengers) and on the return once you clear customs you call the location and they will pick you and your party up free of charge to take you to the location(that is why the rate may seem higher renting on the return than before the cruise) She said it is off set the shuttle charges.

So There is an answer straight from the Budget location themselves.

Have a great cruise everyone!!! I know I will!:D

Hi everyone.

I was confused with all the information on here:confused: so i called the location directly(562-495-4316) spoke with Joan who advised me they will NOT shuttle you to the pier after dropping off the vehicle, they will call you a cab(your expense appx 15.00 according to her for 5 passengers) and on the return once you clear customs you call the location and they will pick you and your party up free of charge to take you to the location(that is why the rate may seem higher renting on the return than before the cruise) She said it is off set the shuttle charges.

Hey thats awesome news, thanks so much for getting the answer a few of us have been wondering. Nothing like going right to the source. Mucho thanks KPL1970.

:D

Hi everyone.

This is the same story that I got when I called too. At least you were smart enough to ask for a name. Thanks.

We are renting a car from Hertz at LAX and returning it in Long Beach. There is no drop off charge and they will reinburse you $10.00 towards the cab fare. For us it is cheaper because we are flying in on a Sat. and returning Mon.( 3/21) cruise. The return is a little more because it is during the week. So the cost for coming in is $50.64 full size car and 1 day on premium $63.00 for the day. Which for us was much cheaper than Enterprise or Budget with all their drop off charges. Question is shuttle or ride over to ship free??????:confused: ;)

Before and after our recent Diamond Princess cruise, we rented a car thru Hertz, picking the car up at LAX pre-cruise and dropping it off at the Lomita office; if you arrange this in advance, they will call a taxi for you, and credit your bill $15 for taxi fare, although with tip the real fare was closer to $20. The operation was done in reverse on our return. Reserving the car thru AAA, we got a terrific rate for the first rental, and after the $15 was credited, the cost came to less than $4 ! And there was never a hint of a drop-off charge...

Archived