N.Y. cruise terminal

Ricky Chan

Does any know about which N.Y. pier (there are so many) is used as terminal for HAL Canada/New England cruise?

I like to know because we need our relatives driving us from New Jersey to the terminal.

Ricky

Wish I could edit my post. On the way home I saw that it WAS the Veendam docked on the West side. From the angle I was driving at it looked like an X and not the HAL logo.

If you were driving on the Helix, you should have been watching traffic! :eek:

That's why I'm glad DH drives if we take the car into the city. Then I can check out the piers. :D

NCL Dawn is at the west side, too. (I checked their bridgecam) Did you see any other ships there? HAL needs bridgecams on the web!

If you were driving on the Helix, you should have been watching traffic! :eek:

That's why I'm glad DH drives if we take the car into the city. Then I can check out the piers. :D

NCL Dawn is at the west side, too. (I checked their bridgecam) Did you see any other ships there? HAL needs bridgecams on the web!

I was driving on the road by the Ferry and could only glance over at the red light which is why I was at a bad angle. :( On my way home I could see the logo in my rear-view window.

I was going to pull over at the ferry and take a pic but it was raining and I did not want to ruin my new camera.

The Veendam and Dawn were right next to each other. I *may* go on the Dawn in February if I decide to go on the Barenaked Ladies charter, so it is amusing to see the two ships parked next to each other taunting me. Will be on the Veendam in July/Aug 2011.

Came in on the Veendam today in Manhattan ($6 taxi ride from our hotel at 340 W. 40th street). The weather was drizzly but the sail in was very well-narrated by Cruise Director Chris. We returned from 31 day cruise from Rio/Amazon/ Carribean. Great Itinerary, nice staff but sorry to say, the ship needs some work (heating, cooling, leaks, self laundry etc).

Below is a link that will provide you information regarding the Manhattan Cruise Ship Terminal:

http://www.nycruise.com/

Bob

Thanks every, especially Bob.

Our HAL Eurodam Canada/New England cruise won't take place until Sept/2011. I just want to get head start and inform my relative who lives in New Jersey. I know driving from there to Manhattan is very challenging.

BTW, looking at the website, it looks like Eurodam will be docking at Manhattan cruise ship terminal.

Ricky

I did see the Veendam today. She was berthed at pier 88 at the Manhatten terminal. I took loads of pictures and for the first time ever, I can't post them here. Not sure why.

I waited for her to sail away and was disappointed that she never sounded her horn.

It was great to see a HAL ship in NY again.

If I understand the situation correctly (and I believe that I do), Brooklyn is reserved exclusively for Cunard/Princess, Bayonne is for Celebrity/Royal Carribbean. Norwegian and HAL use Manhattan.

If I understand the situation correctly (and I believe that I do), Brooklyn is reserved exclusively for Cunard/Princess, Bayonne is for Celebrity/Royal Carribbean. Norwegian and HAL use Manhattan.

Correct. Costa & MSC occasionally use Mahattan also :)

I did see the Veendam today. She was berthed at pier 88 at the Manhatten terminal. I took loads of pictures and for the first time ever, I can't post them here. Not sure why.

I waited for her to sail away and was disappointed that she never sounded her horn.

It was great to see a HAL ship in NY again.

We are on the 5/2/10 Veendam Voyage. How was the traffic ?? and are the parking arrangemets the Same( Park on the of the Pier) TNX !!!!

Archived