Brief Dream Review 04/17 w/Pics

smileyone

Great review and amazing pictures, thanks for sharing :) I know the Serenity says "adults only retreat" do you remember the minimum age?

How was disembarking?

I am not sure of the minimum age. Disembarking at each port was not a problem at all and disembarking at Port Canaveral (self assist) was the easiest and quickest ever.

Thanks for posting! The pictures are awesome! Can you tell me if there are any lounger chairs near the waterworks area. I know my girls will want to play there. I'll want a lounger to relax and watch them.:cool:

There are these blue chairs that you can see in this photo:

IMG_1803.jpg

There are also these type of benches:

IMG_1949.jpg

I do not believe there were any of the pool chairs on the lower level. If you go up to the next level were the start of the racers slides are, there were pool chairs up there.

There are these blue chairs that you can see in this photo:

IMG_1803.jpg

There are also these type of benches:

IMG_1949.jpg

I do not believe there were any of the pool chairs on the lower level. If you go up to the next level were the start of the racers slides are, there were pool chairs up there.

Thanks! I suppose I'll be on the upper level while watching them. They're 9 and 11, so they're old enough to not have me "right" there. Plus, I'm sure they'll be on the slides a lot.

That is what I would think but I feel like I read a thread where it was mentioned it was 21, just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure :)

When I was on the Sensation last year the Serenity area was 18 and up. There were a lot of college aged kids there.

Thanks for the review and the pics. Makes the next 34 days very difficult. We also are the the Raiders excursion in Belize. Is it as awesome as the description makes it sound. Thanks for any info

Tom

We enjoyed the Raiders excursion once it got going. We waited at the port for about 30 minutes then we went to where the bus was going to pick us up and waited another 10 - 15 minutes. The bus ride goes on forever. The last 20 minutes or so are very bumpy. There were about 22 of us on the bus and we were split up into two groups. We had a great bus guide named Rosemary (I think). She was funny and informative. The harness was extremely tight so the tour guide loosened mine some but it was still too tight. She said it had to be tight. It was so tight that it made all of us have rolls of flesh hanging over even the skinny ones. They took about ten pics of us doing different parts of the excursion and you could purchase these while we ate lunch. A tip for you: When you get to the place to eat lunch, go ahead over to the picture place first and purchase your cd ($25). It gets very crowded and is really unorganized. One person will find your pics on the computer and then put them in a file. You pay another person and then take that receipt to some other person who will burn the disc. Somehow it all got confused on us and he couldn't locate our pics after we had paid so instead of looking thru the folders for us, he just kept burning other people's pics that he came across and left us standing there. Another group joins in and they start burning their pics and still haven't bothered to look for ours. Finally our bus guide comes over because the bus wants to leave and she gets them to stop by passing us and take the time to find our pics. The pics are good, it was just a hassle. Maybe getting there before everyone else finishes eating will avoid all this confusion. I'm glad we did this excursion.

You are quite the photographer!

Thanks, I am still trying to learn. My goal this time was to figure out how to take pictures of the lights without using the flash since that always kills the true color. I think I finally got it. I will take a class soon so hopefully my next ones will be even better.

Thanks for the review and the pics. Makes the next 34 days very difficult. We also are the the Raiders excursion in Belize. Is it as awesome as the description makes it sound. Thanks for any info

Tom

I will post you a couple of pics later. They are taking a while to download to photobucket.

Taken by tour company:

P1110548.jpg

Both hands have to be free and you can only take your own pics when they are not moving so I didn't really get any really good shots. This is a pic of a little bridge we had to cross.

IMG_9494.jpg

Smiley

Thanks for the info, its a great help. Glad you enjoyed the trip, I am looking forward to it. Its been about 15 years since I did any zip lining and rappelling.

How tight are the caves. GF gets a little claustophobic at times but I am sure she will put some nail marks in my shoulders and everything will be fine. She is game for anything even got her parasailing last year:).

Thanks again for the info. By the way, where in VA are you from? I lived in Alexandria for a while a few years back.

Tom

Smiley

Thanks for the info, its a great help. Glad you enjoyed the trip, I am looking forward to it. Its been about 15 years since I did any zip lining and rappelling.

How tight are the caves. GF gets a little claustophobic at times but I am sure she will put some nail marks in my shoulders and everything will be fine. She is game for anything even got her parasailing last year:).

Thanks again for the info. By the way, where in VA are you from? I lived in Alexandria for a while a few years back.

Tom

We are in Mecklenburg, about 15 minutes from North Carolina. I didn't feel the caves were tight. I think we had to crawl twice.

Archived