Palace Resorts / Won a Free Stay

munequita_1986

Hi everyone,

This post is not related to cruises but to all-inclusive resorts.

We attended a bridal show recently and won the "Grand Prize" of a 5 night/6 day stay at Palace Resorts. We are just kind of skeptical about if we really won the grand prize or if they tell this to everyone. Also we know that we have to pay for the plane ticket, tips, and a $10 per night tax. But we are worried that we will get stuck having to pay for something else once we check-in, or for an upgrade, or something.

We just don't know if we should trust it.

HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER WON A STAY AT PALACE RESORTS AND CAN TELL US HOW IT WENT??

THANKS!

my guess is it's a pitch for a time share...they sell weeks for future vacations. check the fine print...it would say you have to attend a presentation if it is. they also exchange through rci.

make sure the all inclusive fee is included as you cannot stay there without it. the resorts are really beautiful and appear to be a reputable company.

• 1 month later...

RCI/Palace Resorts...Yes, you will probably have to sit through the time share stuff. I would bet on it. Don't be taken in. LOL, tell the "closer" person you lost your job and have no spare money. The "closer" may give up a lot sooner than normal.

1. As another said, make sure the all inclusive fee is part of the "prize". Also tips/service charge should be included. Check this to make sure.

2. You need a passport to get into Cancun

3. There are fee's to enter Cancun. A little under a 100 PP is added on to your plane fare

4. There are some good airfares around if you watch them. If Airtran flys from your airport, check them out. The price listed on the site does NOT include the fee to enter Cancun. So if a roundtrip ticket is 200.00 add another 100. Same for Delta and probably any other airline. You will need your password information when booking the flight.

5. There are a lot of Palace resorts in Cancun. They get good reviews. Check Trip Advisor Cancun forum. Many people can answer your questions.

6. If you go, avoid travel on weekends. The Cancun airport can be nightmare when you arrive. Recently they changed some of the forms you have to fill out on the plane. For whatever reason this is holding things up once you land. The lines are pretty bad according to a couple of posters on TAdivsor.

7. Palace resorts are top notch and not dives.

If this works out for you, enjoy, have a good time . ;)

We stayed at the Cancun Palace before the hurricane hit (Can't remember if it was Rita or Wilma) and it was extremely nice then. Went back to a different all inclusive last year and signed up for the time share presentation for the CP just to see it (and get the amazing free gifts). It is absolutely gorgeous. 5 star. HOWEVER... the time share presentation took about 4 hours NOT the 45 minutes the promise. It is very very high pressure. They kept lowering the price and number of weeks stay until I basically said I had an incurable disease. I was literally in tears by the time we left.

All of that said... My family of 11 is leaving on the 15th of this month to spend a week there. There just isn't a better place than the Palace Resorts!

If you can stay firm and come up with an exit strategy before you go (unless you really don't mind purchasing a time share... if I were ever going to do it, this would be the place!) they really will make good on whatever they promise you. But do make sure that you have the full all inclusive plan.

If you go, ENJOY!. I know we will!

• 3 weeks later...

I chose the Moon Palace resort when we got married 11 years ago and told them when I arrived that I had absolutly no intention of attending ANY sales presentation. I told them I was there for a Honeymoon only. We have been going back every year since. One thing also nice about the Palace Resorts is their "Stay at one, play at all" policy. You can go to another of their resorts and use their facilites for free. There are also a number of day-long tours to Mayan Ruins, Isla Mujeres, etc that are also included in your stay. It really is all inclusive.

Archived