Another question LOL

I am going to appolagise in advance I am a worrier so will end up driving everyone nuts until our cruise in Aug with lots of questions:rolleyes:

Anyway here is the first we are flying to Palma from Edinburgh with Monarch, could have chosen to fly from Glasgow with Thompson air line, no real reason I chose Edin apart from I like the drive there better Glasgow is riddled in roadworks at the moment for the next god knows how many years they are major, and I like Edin airport better but they are the only reasons. Question is should I have chosen Thompson airline above Monarch, say our flight was delayed or cancelled or whatever:eek: would it have been better with Thompson if the worst happened as it would be there airline that made us late or miss the boat, would I have more comeback and more chance of getting there if it was Thompson rather than Monarch, the whole package is booked with Thompson even though it is a monarch flight, sorry for ramble :o

It depends if you have booked a fly/cruise package or a cruise and flight independently. It could make a difference as to whether Thomsons are responsible for you from the airport to the ship and so on.

Thank you so much you lot are fab and you might not be saying the same nice things by the time we get to Aug LOL:o anyway the whole package inc the flights where booked with Thompson as a package online we are also staying for 7 days after the cruise in Cala Bona, it was only because i went back after I had booked just to be nosy at the price difference and flight times ect from Glasgow in oppose to Edin that I noticed that if we had booked to go from Glasgow we would be with Thompson airlines rather than with Monarch, so of course then my wheelies started churning and I wondered if it would have been better to go from Glasgow LOL thank you xx:D

Thank you so much you lot are fab and you might not be saying the same nice things by the time we get to Aug LOL:o anyway the whole package inc the flights where booked with Thompson as a package online we are also staying for 7 days after the cruise in Cala Bona, it was only because i went back after I had booked just to be nosy at the price difference and flight times ect from Glasgow in oppose to Edin that I noticed that if we had booked to go from Glasgow we would be with Thompson airlines rather than with Monarch, so of course then my wheelies started churning and I wondered if it would have been better to go from Glasgow LOL thank you xx:D

Agree with everyone else - in the end it will make little difference

alliballi,

Like you were leaving from edinburgh and flying with Monarch airlines.Having flown with Thomson and Monarch a number of times peviously I have to say prefer Monarch as there seems to be a tad more leg room on their planes.Thomson are okay if you 4ft 6in,in fact in all the planes I`ve flown on Thomsons has to be the worst for leg room

alliballi,

Like you were leaving from edinburgh and flying with Monarch airlines.Having flown with Thomson and Monarch a number of times peviously I have to say prefer Monarch as there seems to be a tad more leg room on their planes.Thomson are okay if you 4ft 6in,in fact in all the planes I`ve flown on Thomsons has to be the worst for leg room

Surprised you have found this as both Monarch and Thomson have and state they have a 28" seat pitch on all short haul planes and they both use 737 -3/800's or 757-200 for short haul. Occasionally Monarch use an Airbus one type of which ( A300B4) has a 30" pitch but equally Thomson occasionally use a Boeing 767-304 with a 30" pitch but these tend to be from "larger " airports. So perhaps you have been lucky with the Monarch plane.

Surprised you have found this as both Monarch and Thomson have and state they have a 28" seat pitch on all short haul planes and they both use 737 -3/800's or 757-200 for short haul. Occasionally Monarch use an Airbus one type of which ( A300B4) has a 30" pitch but equally Thomson occasionally use a Boeing 767-304 with a 30" pitch but these tend to be from "larger " airports. So perhaps you have been lucky with the Monarch plane.

Must have been fortunate with Monarch a number of times as always found the legroom acceptable.Flew with Thomsons to Heraklion and it was one of the most uncomfortable journeys I`ve encountered due to lack of legroom.Not having a go at Thomson as there are many other airlines the same,the lack of legroom in some are terrible

Archived