Salon prices on the Valor??

endeavor3

Does anyone know the salon prices on the Valor? I'm getting married in Grand Cayman so I will be making an appt with the salon for someone to do my hair in a partial updo. I would love to know how much it is going to cost though. Also, if anyone out there has any experiences with the salon, good or bad, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks all!

Try maybe searching by carnival funtimes or the carnival capers on here...sometimes those will show specials the spas have :confused:

Or try a generaic thread with the topic cost of formal updo's or something of that nature.

Love you cousin!

Hand & Foot Rituals....$45

Sole Delight Foot Ritual incl. pedicure.....$65

Fire & Ice manicure....$50

(using therapeutic gels & hot stones)

Full set of acrylics....$85

There's more, I'll try to scan the page tomorrow if you don't get more info before then.

Just got off the VALOR yesterday and leaving for home today. Loved the ship, the staff from top to bottom. It was a wonderful 7 days and didn't want to come back.

Hand & Foot Rituals....$45

Sole Delight Foot Ritual incl. pedicure.....$65

Fire & Ice manicure....$50

(using therapeutic gels & hot stones)

Full set of acrylics....$85

There's more, I'll try to scan the page tomorrow if you don't get more info before then.

Just got off the VALOR yesterday and leaving for home today. Loved the ship, the staff from top to bottom. It was a wonderful 7 days and didn't want to come back.

That would be great! Glad to hear you had a good time. We are looking forward to our trip as well! Thanks so much!!

An updo will depend on how long your hair is. My hair was not shoulder length-- it was shorter then that-- and it cost me 39.00.

THe longer your hair the more it costs.

Wow, my hair is long. It goes past the middle of my back. This does give me a good starting point. Sounds like prices in the salons here. Thanks so much!

How about the cost for a French Twist?

For just a curl & style (not an updo)?

My hair is a couple of inches longer than shoulder length.

TIA :)

the 39.00 was for a blow dry and curling iron. (LOL)

french braid will go in the same class as an updo. (consider a french braid while on the islands)

the 39.00 was for a blow dry and curling iron. (LOL)

french braid will go in the same class as an updo. (consider a french braid while on the islands)

Thanks for the reply Serene. Just to clarify, a

French twist is what I want:how-to-french-twist-hair-2.jpg

Not a French braid:french-braid1.jpg

I presume the French Twist will be considered an updo?

BTW I could do all of three for myself, (curls, FT and FB), except I just sprained my left arm and I sail soon. :( Never used the ship salon but might need to this cruise.

I know to expect a hard sell on salon products (am practicing my robotic but cheerful "no thank you" reply). I have also read that if I want an ornament in my hair bring it myself to save $$

Any other tips you know of?

Thanks!

Does anyone know the salon prices on the Valor? I'm getting married in Grand Cayman so I will be making an appt with the salon for someone to do my hair in a partial updo. I would love to know how much it is going to cost though. Also, if anyone out there has any experiences with the salon, good or bad, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks all!

Here's a general carnival price list. At least you'll have an aprox cost!

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/t/101888.aspx

just curious---will you be doing this the night before your trip to grand cayman?

just curious---will you be doing this the night before your trip to grand cayman?

I hope to do it the morning of. However, I'm not sure what time the salon opens or anything. I know that I definitely cannot do my hair by myself. It's long, curly and difficult! Why? Do you know something I don't? At this point, that's probably a lot. LOL

Grand cayman port is 7am til 4pm- last tender is usually at 3pm.

Salon opens at 10am for hair stuff. they may open for a special appointment.

Have you considered asking your wedding planner to find a salon on the island?

Grand cayman port is 7am til 4pm- last tender is usually at 3pm.

Salon opens at 10am for hair stuff. they may open for a special appointment.

Have you considered asking your wedding planner to find a salon on the island?

Great. That just ruined my day. Crap!! I never thought that they wouldn't be open yet. We have to meet the photographer and ship's hostess at the gangway at 8:15am. There's no way I'll have time on the island. I wanted my hair to look pretty for the photos but I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe i'll visit my salon here and get some ideas of what I can do myself.

It doesnt hurt to ask. They can say no--but then they can say yes too.

But if you have to meet at the gangway at 8:15--- there is really no way you can get it done--unless you pay the person doing hair onboard to come to your cabin about 6am?

(ask your cabin steward if he knows anyone who can do it--to make other money)

It doesnt hurt to ask. They can say no--but then they can say yes too.

But if you have to meet at the gangway at 8:15--- there is really no way you can get it done--unless you pay the person doing hair onboard to come to your cabin about 6am?

(ask your cabin steward if he knows anyone who can do it--to make other money)

Yep, 8:15 Island time (9:15 ship time). I will definitely ask my cabin steward! what a great idea! Thanks Serene!!

Archived