Distance from Barcelona port to the football stadium

Trying to organise what trips to do in advance and as we are doing the 2 week cruise I know there is 2 stops in which we could visit the stadium Barcelona and palamos which is the closest and is it doable on your own:p

Trying to organise what trips to do in advance and as we are doing the 2 week cruise I know there is 2 stops in which we could visit the stadium Barcelona and palamos which is the closest and is it doable on your own:p

The Nou camp Stadium is IN Barcelona - there's no doubt it would be easier to 'do' it from Barcelona than Palamos.

Here is quite a good site link which will tell you about using public transport

http://www.stadiumguide.com/noucamp.htm

Here is a map of where it lies in relation to the city centre along with the Metro lines which serve this area. You can see the cruise port terminal on the map too.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/maps/barcelona-map.html

You can even book your tour before you go on-line. the ship also does trips so you will be able to decide what seems like best value/best use of your time.

But, Barcelona is a wonderful city with so many iconic sites to see. (The Sagrada, Parc Guell, the Ramblas, Casa Batllo, the Gothic Qruarter - or just enjoy the outdoor/cafe culture, excellent shops) It might be worth considering doing the tour to the stadium from Palamos (which doesn't compare with Barcelona for atmosphere, interest and general 'Wow' factor) so that you can 'save' your Barcelona day to simple soak up the ambience of the city.

It's fabulous - just wander, choose some attractions you'd like to see (the Metro is very cheap and easy to use to get around the city), use the HoHo tourist bus to see a lot of the city the easy way (take your map and get off at selected points to have a better look at anything which interests you) or try out some of the cafes, bars, restaurants.

I don't know what other posters would recommend, but I'd definitely say use Barcelona as a day to see the city and use your Palamos day to do a ship's trip to the stadium. It would be cheaper to adopt a DiY approach to visiting Nou Camp during your stop in Barcelona but for me, going on the ship's trip from Palamos would be a small price to pay to have another whole day available to 'do' Barcelona.

Coincidentally, Dream is just pulling into Barcelona as I type.

I can't believe we'll be landing in Palma about 24 hours from now.

As Kruzseeka says it's a lovely place to wander around and see the sights on your own, it would be a shame to be stuck inside a football stadium, especially as you've got 2 chances to do it.

Guess whose TV won't be tuned to football in the Summer :D

Here's the details of the football excursion from Palamos

Sporting Barcelona

This tour’s a must for all football fans. When you get to Barcelona, see from the outside the Masia. It’s the football school of Barcelona FC, where a host of famous players started their career. From here, make a beeline for the famous football stadium, Nou Camp, home of Barcelona FC since 1957. Learn all about the club's history during your visit to the club and its museum. Afterwards, stop in the heart of Barcelona, where you’ll get around two hours’ free time to enjoy the cosmopolitan buzz and stroll along Las Ramblas, the city’s famous boutique-lined boulevard. £39.00/£29.00 (7hrs)

Berwyn

Hi,

Everyone is great here, unlike some of the American bits of here, they're very touchy :eek:

It's our 3rd time in Barcelona this coming week.

We did the excursion (minus footie stadium) :D the 1st time and last time did it easily on our own using the HOHO bus and strolling down La Rambla through the Gothic Quarter and back to ship along the sea front.

Berwyn

If the Nou Camp is the only thing you want to see in Barcelona then obviously do it from Barcelona. From Palamos it is not possible to do it as a DIY excursion due to the poor transport links ( unless you want to pay a fortune for a taxi ) whereas from Barcelona port it is simple to DIY.

I don't know what other posters would recommend, but I'd definitely say use Barcelona as a day to see the city and use your Palamos day to do a ship's trip to the stadium.

Agree

Have done the stadium tour twice.First time was an organised tour with OV2,guided bus trip through the city to the stadium taking in The Sagrada, Parc Guell, the Ramblas, Casa Batllo, the Gothic Qruarter.The bonus of the organised trip was we had brilliant guide on the coach and for the stadium tour.On the way back we were taken the opposite way round the city and took in the olympic stadium

The second time we had our son with us and was also organised trip,sort of.It was a bus trip from Salou but no guide at the stadium and because of that felt we kinda rushed it.

After the trip we had a free time in the City which I spent enjoying a few beers watching the brilliant street artists in Las Ramblas while the wife did a bit shopping

just enjoy the outdoor/cafe culture, excellent shopthat is you have a brilliant guide who gives you a running commentary on the tour

I don't get it, why would anyone want to look at an empty football stadium :confused:;)

It's like watching Scotland or Wales playing in the World Cup :D

Serious bit, we done the Stadium tour back in 2006, the added bonus was, the players were training that day on the pitch that day, was perfect when "In my England shirt" 1 or 2 of the players gestured towards me :D and on th eway back done the unfinshed church and also the Olympic stadium...the tour guide was a very nice Spanish Girl :o

RR

• 6 years later...

:confused:Hi can anyone help me, it's our first cruise in October and we fly to Barcelona to board the ship, we arrive at 10.30am and would like to take my son to the football stadium before boarding at 5pm would it be expensive to just taxi there from the airport or dock and how long would it take in a taxi x

Archived