Queen Elizabeth's Godmother

KenC

Who would you like to see christen Queen Elizabeth?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see christen Queen Elizabeth?

• HM the Queen
    • Anne, the Princess Royal
    • Sophie, Countess of Wessex
    • Princess Beatrice of York
    • Princess Eugenie of York
    • Zara Phillips
    • Princess Alexandra of Kent
    • Princess Michael of Kent
    • Other

With only six months to go to the launch of Queen Elizabeth, Cunard must surely have pencilled in a 'godmother'. If they stick to tradition then she will be a member of the Royal Family. Any thoughts or favourites??? - give your vote to one of the royal ladies listed or vote for 'other' and suggest an alternative. Having been involved with Queen Victoria and failed to smash the bottle, Camilla has been omitted :eek:

With only six months to go to the launch of Queen Elizabeth, Cunard must surely have pencilled in a 'godmother'. If they stick to tradition then she will be a member of the Royal Family. Any thoughts or favourites??? - give your vote to one of the royal ladies listed or vote for 'other' and suggest an alternative. Having been involved with Queen Victoria and failed to smash the bottle, Camilla has been omitted :eek:

When is Carnival supposed to announce this?

I hope very much that it will HM the Queen.

But, should she not be able to fit it into the Court Calendar, my vote goes to the Princess Royal, Anne. She knows what it means to be a working member of the Royal Family.

HM got it right the first time. She clearly said, "I .... Queen Elizabeth the Second." (I have seen the film footage time and time again.) Is that not quite clear? The QE2 was really ERII.

The name on the card was Queen Elizabeth.

The name on the card was Queen Elizabeth.

I think that it would be delicious if HM the Queen christened the new ship, and named the ship for herself once again. The new ship would be the QUEEN ELIZABETH 2 SQUARED. ;)

When I spoke to Alistair Greener he said that if it is a Royal they are not allowed to release their diary until 3 months before the event.

When we had a Royal Visitor it was confirmed about 8 months prior to the event. And the planning that went into that event was nothing short of amazing.

Depends l suppose if HM the Queen wants to accept the invite...... Assuming Cunard have offered it in the first place;)

As somebody from the mainland I hope the question is allowed: How often was "HM QUEEN ELIZABETH the second" godmother of any ship/vessel??

Thank you for the reply.

Robert,

I know of one time Her Majesty The Queen was godmother to a ship: Queen Mary 2 in January 2004.

Salacia

To repeat (I think) KenC's joke.....'I name this ship Queen Elizabeth too.....'

I originally wrote that it sounded like HM said "I name this ship Queen Mary too" .... and I bet that was after a strong gin and dubonnet to steel herself!!! She must hate all the 'two's' instead of 'seconds'!!!

HM looks like a run away winner in our little poll. Fitting really that she should christen the second largest Cunarder, which is named after the ship that was named after her mother, or are Cunard saying that 'Queen' is a generic Cunard name now???!!!

Ken

or are Cunard saying that 'Queen' is a generic Cunard name now???!!!

Ken

Just goes to show there is nothing like a Cunard Queen.. in whatever form:rolleyes:

Im only sorry l wont be tripping the light fantastic onboard this year.

The Queen Mary 2 in Australia looks interesting, but then lm not sure if l could go down under.

Just goes to show there is nothing like a Cunard Queen.. in whatever form:rolleyes:

Im only sorry l wont be tripping the light fantastic onboard this year.

The Queen Mary 2 in Australia looks interesting, but then lm not sure if l could go down under.

Hi Myles ..... we sure are going to miss you on the QE this November!!! :(

As for the rest I couldn't possibly comment!! :eek:

Cheers

Ken

Archived