Mariner PV Rio Cuale excursion question

novellaherman

This august we are aboard the Mariner of the Seas. I have a question about the zip line in PV. Usually I like to book excursions on my own, however with the length of the Rio Cuale excursion (6 1/2 hours) I was thinking it might be wiser to go through the ship. My question is RCI offers "Outdoor Adventure Experience -PV50" Has anyone done this excursion through the boat? Is this the same as the Rio Cuale? It seems similar since it offers, repelling, zipping, boat and donkey rides. I think the 30$ more might be worth the peace of mind. Thanks for the help!!

We just came back from the Mex Riv. and did the Rio Cuale zip lines. We booked on our own. We were picked up at 1020am from the disco and we were back downtown PV at 2pm. We just did the zip lines and then there are mules at the bottom to bring you back up. We did not do the ATV's.

This august we are aboard the Mariner of the Seas. I have a question about the zip line in PV. Usually I like to book excursions on my own, however with the length of the Rio Cuale excursion (6 1/2 hours) I was thinking it might be wiser to go through the ship. My question is RCI offers "Outdoor Adventure Experience -PV50" Has anyone done this excursion through the boat? Is this the same as the Rio Cuale? It seems similar since it offers, repelling, zipping, boat and donkey rides. I think the 30$ more might be worth the peace of mind. Thanks for the help!!

Cruiselines book their tours through Vallarta Adventures. Canopying will most likely be at Vta Adventures, not Rio Cuale.

There are five different companies that offer a canopy tour (that I know of) in Puerto Vallarta. Several offer other activities (ATV, etc.) as add-on activities. The cruise industry contracts with Valllarta Adventures and you will find the ship offering a "Canopy Adventure" and the "Outdoor Adventure" that you reference. Other zipline/canopy tours are offered by Los Veranos, El Eden, Rio Cuale and Canopy La Vista.

The time length given for each tour includes travel time from the office/pickup point to the excursion site and return. Rio Cuale is listed as taking roughly 4 hours.

Do a Google search for these canopy/zipline tour names and you will find sites that give complete descriptions of the excursion.

Enjoy!

• 9 months later...

I don't know if this is too late for anyone to care but we did end up using Outdoor Adventures....through the ship and it was the "best excursion ever" according to the men. They have done it before in Jamacia but they said this had so much more adventure. They still talk about it and how it was worth the money.....they are usually tight with their $ but they were glad they did this.

Archived