Which 2 dresses for my formal night?

tsb702

According to your past cruises listed,the last time was in 2004. Since then,Formal night has been eliminated.Even dress shorts are allowed in the dining rooms now everynight except for an elegant night.Consult the website for the new dress codes.They are all very nice dresses,but would you wear that to Walmart:)?

You are sailing on the Walmart:) of the sea's cruiseline.

Steve

Thanks Steve for your opinion. I wouldn't wear them to Walmart, and it's not about being like everyone else. I want to make myself feel great. It's my time to splurge on myself and have a good time, and I intend on doing so. Thanks!;)

Formal nights are now called Elegant nights, they are not nearly as dressy as you think. You might want to consider something less formal, you may be the only one dressed up that much, and might feel out of place.

Hey everyone! I need some help chosing my dresses please. I have the body to pull off the dress...just having a hard time deciding. Thanks!!!!

I was thinking to the the fitted on the 1st formal night, and the flowy one the second formal night (...because I plan on pigging out... I deserve it after all this darn working out!!!!!)

FITTED

Go with one your man likes! And then let him pull it off.

Go with one your man likes! And then let him pull it off.

haaaahhhaa! Im sure he would be in full support of your idea. We are high school sweethearts and the last chance I got to dress up this much for him was on our senior prom....so I plan on chocking him and a whole bunch of others.

PS I will totally let him :p

Thanks!

I love getting dressed up for formal nights. Sure, to each his own, but I don't get much chance to dress up around here, and I think it harkens back to a more elegant, genteel time, plus it makes me feel good. So, I think it's great you want to take 2 gowns. I wore 2 gowns on my recent cruise, and I was probably more dressed up than 90% of the other women, but it didn't bother me, and I don't think it bothered anybody else....

Having said all that, it's hard to say which dress without actually seeing them on you...no doubt they would all look pretty, but sometimes a person just puts a dress on and FEELS it is the right one, ya know?

If I had to choose 2 just from viewing the pictures of the models, I would say F1 and L1. Black is always elegant, of course, but red and white show up in pictures better... you will be stunning no matter which ones you choose. Have a great cruise!

I felt the same way! This is a rarity for me....so It's my time to look great, show off, and just enjoy myself. Thanks for your vote!:D

OMG! They are all so beautiful! I'm from a rural area and love to dress up when I have the chance, so I say GO FOR IT! I wish I were crusing with you---you seem pretty fun!

Kellie

Hey there miss Kellie!

You can dress up on your cruise too, why not right! We could start a new trend ;).

omg i have L4! in black though .. the back has like a sheer train??? i LOVE this dress .. i wear it on my formal nights n everyone loves it :p tehehh

HEEEEEEEEEEY! You're from Vegas too ?!!!!!!!!! Awesome! I noticed that everyone totally loves it when you are dressed to the T on the formal nights. They took pics of me last time, it was too cute!

F1 and L2

I too am going to wear an elegant evening gown for my one formal and a shorter sequins all over dress for my other formal.

These used to be called Captain's Dinners but we changed them to Cruise Elegant Evenings. When guests call in to inquire about what they should wear, we have a guideline that we relay to them. Tuxedos and gowns are definitely within the perameters of what to wear on those nights.

I love your taste :) I am glad you are looking at this as a chance to live out loud - even if it's only for a week or so :)

Have fun!!!!

I hear what some of the posters are saying about how overdressed you will be, how Carnival is the Walmart of cruiselines (I should be that successfull yet still be considered inferior!)...but the thing is, if it makes you feel good - then go for it!

Are there fewer and fewer guys in tuxedos or suits? Fewer gowns on women? Yes, but that doesn't mean you can't do it. Like you, I enjoy getting dressed up. I enjoyed the photos. I enjoy seeing my guy, who wears jeans to work, get dressed up. I get nothing but positive comments on how nice we look.

Nobody has ever come up to me and told me I was overdressed, and what was I thinking? In fact, I have had the opposite! I have had people say they missed getting dressed up and would consider doing so on a future cruise.

I am so tired of having to conform to everyone else just because they don't like something, or don't want to wear something decent to dinner. We dress up because we want to, because it makes my Walmart cruise (as was it was put) feel much more elegant.

I realize that airline restrictions have made it a bit harder to pack like we used to...but it can be done...so in my book, that excuse doesn't fly.

By the way...I love F1 and L2 as well...enjoy!

I am searching for the perfect dress this week. I'm leaning toward red and I love sequins. I have dark hair and eyes so red compliments my features pretty well. Be sure and post your pics when you return!

I totally will! If you need any help searching, let me know! I will gladly do some online research for you.

F1 and L2

I too am going to wear an elegant evening gown for my one formal and a shorter sequins all over dress for my other formal.

These used to be called Captain's Dinners but we changed them to Cruise Elegant Evenings. When guests call in to inquire about what they should wear, we have a guideline that we relay to them. Tuxedos and gowns are definitely within the perameters of what to wear on those nights.

I love your taste :) I am glad you are looking at this as a chance to live out loud - even if it's only for a week or so :)

Have fun!!!!

Thank you so much!

According to your past cruises listed,the last time was in 2004. Since then,Formal night has been eliminated.Even dress shorts are allowed in the dining rooms now everynight except for an elegant night.Consult the website for the new dress codes.They are all very nice dresses,but would you wear that to Walmart:)?

You are sailing on the Walmart:) of the sea's cruiseline.

Steve

Can't you come up with some new material? We've all heard your Walmart line over and over and over. We get it, you think Carnival is like Walmart.

I hear what some of the posters are saying about how overdressed you will be, how Carnival is the Walmart of cruiselines (I should be that successfull yet still be considered inferior!)...but the thing is, if it makes you feel good - then go for it!

Are there fewer and fewer guys in tuxedos or suits? Fewer gowns on women? Yes, but that doesn't mean you can't do it. Like you, I enjoy getting dressed up. I enjoyed the photos. I enjoy seeing my guy, who wears jeans to work, get dressed up. I get nothing but positive comments on how nice we look.

Nobody has ever come up to me and told me I was overdressed, and what was I thinking? In fact, I have had the opposite! I have had people say they missed getting dressed up and would consider doing so on a future cruise.

I am so tired of having to conform to everyone else just because they don't like something, or don't want to wear something decent to dinner. We dress up because we want to, because it makes my Walmart cruise (as was it was put) feel much more elegant.

I realize that airline restrictions have made it a bit harder to pack like we used to...but it can be done...so in my book, that excuse doesn't fly.

By the way...I love F1 and L2 as well...enjoy!

Awwww! Thank you so much! I feel alot like that as well, I just enjoy it....and I should do it while my youth, attitude, and body permits right.

I hardly saw anyone dressed up on my last cruise and didn't think it would have improved over the years but like you say, to each is own. I hope I spark interest in the ladies to feel and look as beautiful as they can on their next cruise. It's their time to shine in a room full of others that will look like one another.

On the first "elegant" night I choose L1. But on the second, I would suggest a short dress, because you will be the best dressed woman on board. Two nights looking like that might have to change the entire dress code!

To:steveaaaa, you put the wally in walmart. Please, if you can't change your tune, stop singing the song.

I think all of the dresses are gorgeous and wish that I had the body to pull it off. And it is wonderful to know that there are still some people out there that would rather wear a wonderful gown than a pair of jeans. Frankly I get tired of seeing jeans all of the time. They have become a "uniform" of sorts.

Which ever one you choose you will look lovely.

I like F1 and L4.

On the first "elegant" night I choose L1. But on the second, I would suggest a short dress, because you will be the best dressed woman on board. Two nights looking like that might have to change the entire dress code!

To:steveaaaa, you put the wally in walmart. Please, if you can't change your tune, stop singing the song.

Thank you!

I think all of the dresses are gorgeous and wish that I had the body to pull it off. And it is wonderful to know that there are still some people out there that would rather wear a wonderful gown than a pair of jeans. Frankly I get tired of seeing jeans all of the time. They have become a "uniform" of sorts.

Which ever one you choose you will look lovely.

I like F1 and L4.

I understand fully, I appreciate the chance to get glammed up. Whichever dress has the most tallys will be paired with nice jewelry and a lovely 40's updo (I do vintage hairstyles with my gowns). Learned a while ago from my great grandmother. ;)

I will be sure to post pics for everyone.

Archived